Big Apple Women's Film Festival and Screenplay Competition is a celebration of women filmmakers in NYC! Presented by the Big Apple Film Festival Year Round Screening Series. Includes Q and A with filmmakers and a networking reception.
BAFF, named one of MovieMaker Magazine's top "25 Film Festivals Worth The Entry Fee" and "One of the 25 Coolest Film Festivals", is dedicated to showcasing and promoting the highest quality films from the New York City independent film community, as well as additional specially selected films from across the country and around the world.
ALUMNI FILMS include Academy Award and Golden Globe nominees, SAG Award winners and nominees, as well as films released by HBO, Showtime, IFC, Netflix, Amazon, Itunes and More...
PREVIOUS HONORARY GUESTS AND AWARD RECIPIENTS
Jesse Eisenberg, Cuba Gooding Jr., Morgan Spurlock, Alan Cumming, Jackie Martling (The Howard Stern Show), Jerry Stiller, Karen Allen, Olympia Dukakis, Kevin Corrigan, Katherine Waterston, Ernie Hudson, Mario Cantone, Elias Koteas, Zoe Lister Jones
BIG APPLE FILM FESTIVAL HAS BEEN FEATURED IN:
The New York Times
MovieMaker Magazine (Top 25 Coolest Film Festivals and Top 25 Festivals Worth The Entry Fee)
CBS News (Top 5 Eating and Drinking Events in New York)
The Hollywood Reporter
Winning scripts receive the opportunity to pitch their script to production companies, agents and other industry representatives through Virtual PitchFest, including NBC Universal, Warner Bros., UTA, The Gersh Agency, and many more.
Feature length screenplay winners of the Big Apple Women's Film Festival will receive an InkTip Script Listing to promote themselves and their scripts to InkTip’s entire network of producers, managers, and agents.
Companies who are InkTip members include: ABC, Anonymous Content, APA, CBS Films, HBO Films, ICM, Paradigm, Paramount Pictures, Hallmark Channel, FX, Universal, WME, Echo Lake, Zero Gravity, Bad Robot, 20th Century Fox, and many more.
Producers have made more than 350 films from scripts and writers found through InkTip.
1. Feature films, short films, web series/TV pilots and screenplays must be created by women filmmakers and/or screenwriters.
2. Feature films must be over 60 minutes.
3. Short films must be under 60 minutes.
4. Web series/TV Pilot episodes must be under 60 minutes
5. Feature screenplays must be over 60 pages
6. Short screenplays must be under 60 pages.
7.Feature film and short film submissions may not currently have distribution
8. Screenplay submissions can not have been purchased or optioned at the time of entry.
9. Screenplays may not be altered or revised in any way once entry is complete.
10. Submission fees are non-refundable