Big Apple Film Festival HORROR FEST and Screenplay Competition is a celebration of the horror genre in NYC! Presented by the Big Apple Film Festival Year Round Screening Series. Horror films, Q and A with filmmakers, pre-screening networking reception and scary music all night long!
BAFF, named one of MovieMaker Magazine's top "25 Film Festivals Worth The Entry Fee" and "One of the 25 Coolest Film Festivals", is dedicated to showcasing and promoting the highest quality films from the New York City independent film community, as well as additional specially selected films from across the country and around the world.
ALUMNI FILMS include Academy Award and Golden Globe nominees, SAG Award winners and nominees, as well as films released by HBO, Showtime, IFC, Netflix, Amazon, Itunes and More...
PREVIOUS HONORARY GUESTS AND AWARD RECIPIENTS
Jesse Eisenberg, Cuba Gooding Jr., Morgan Spurlock, Alan Cumming, Jackie Martling (The Howard Stern Show), Jerry Stiller, Karen Allen, Olympia Dukakis, Kevin Corrigan, Katherine Waterston, Ernie Hudson, Mario Cantone, Elias Koteas, Zoe Lister Jones
BIG APPLE FILM FESTIVAL HAS BEEN FEATURED IN:
The New York Times
MovieMaker Magazine (Top 25 Coolest Film Festivals and Top 25 Festivals Worth The Entry Fee)
CBS News (Top 5 Eating and Drinking Events in New York)
The Hollywood Reporter
Cash awards will be presented to the winners of the feature and short screenplay competition
1. Feature films, short films, web series/TV pilots and screenplays must be of the horror genre.
2. Feature films must be over 60 minutes.
3. Short films must be under 60 minutes.
4. Web series/TV Pilot episodes must be under 60 minutes
5. Feature screenplays must be over 60 pages
6. Short screenplays must be under 60 pages.
7.Feature film and short film submissions may not currently have distribution
8. Screenplay submissions can not have been purchased or optioned at the time of entry.
9. Screenplays may not be altered or revised in any way once entry is complete.
10. Submission fees are non-refundable