The Backpackinglight.com Adventure Film Festival features films that tell stories about human-powered backcountry travel. 2018 live screening: TBA!
Awards & Prizes
Info For Submitters: https://youtu.be/h8YPm4uOHx8
During the Selection Screening Phase, all submitted films will be reviewed. A Selection Committee will then award the "Official Selection" designation to all films that will be considered for Juried and Member's Choice Awards.
* Grand Prize (Juried)
* Honorable Mentions (Juried)
Juried Awards will be issued to films selected by a jury of established adventure filmmakers based on a rating system that considers the relevance to the festival mission, the quality of the production, and the story.
Member's Choice Awards
Member's Choice Awards will be issued to the top films selected based on voting by Backpackinglight.com Members.
Prize packages of outdoor equipment will be awarded to the Grand Prize and Members Choice Award Winners. In addition, Backpackinglight.com will issue a cash donation in the Grand Prize Winner’s name to a nonprofit trail advocacy organization of their choice.
Rules & Terms
The Backpackinglight.com Adventure Film Festival is open to amateur filmmakers. To qualify, you must meet all of the following conditions:
1. Your primary source of income may not be related to freelance or employment in the film production industry.
2. No more than 50% of the total cost of film production may be subsidized by cash or in-kind sponsorships from film production companies or corporate sponsors.
3. Your film must be submitted, and rights to your film must be owned, exclusively by an individual person and not an organization including film production companies, corporations, or other legal entities.
In addition, you agree that upon submission of your film:
* You grant a nonexclusive, worldwide license to Backpackinglight.com to have your film distributed via any and all media, promotional, and marketing channels owned by Backpackinglight.com;
* You have secured all necessary rights for the use of your footage, audio, video, and all other media types used in your film;
* You release Backpackinglight.com and its officers, employees, contractors, partners, sponsors, advertisers, members, customers, affiliates, and other parties with formal and informal business relationships with Backpackinglight.com from any and all liability resulting from damages caused by the production or distribution of your film.
* You warrant that final production of your film was completed no earlier than one year prior to the festival submission deadline date.
Backpackinglight.com employees, contractors, staff, and affiliates may submit films but will not be eligible for juried awards.
Contact the festival director, Ryan Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to sponsor #bplfilmfest!