Your stories are a one of a kind miracle of sorts! There is no other story like yours - it is a genuinely amazing construct created to leave your unique mark! A Pecan Pickling Short-Film Festival is a new kid on the festival block and we are so proud to celebrate short filmmakers like you! Our mission is to feature films that elevate, celebrate and inspire great stories and even greater opportunities. We welcome experienced and emerging filmmakers and student filmmakers as well, to showcase talent, vision, and creativity in a unique location in northeastern North Carolina. The Festival includes a red carpet reception, a variety of workshops, short-film screenings, and awards and recognition. And most importantly, it is you that we celebrate as you leave your mark. C'mon and join us!
A Pecan Pickling Short Film Festival is proud to feature experienced and emerging filmmakers with an opportunity to showcase their projects and share their talent. The festival provides opportunities to meet other filmmakers, build collaboratives and gain exposure to new audiences. Student filmmakers gain invaluable real world experience and exposure, network with other creatives, and lay the foundation to leverage their work for professional success.
A Pecan Pickling Short Film Festival Awards Best Feature Short, Best Documentary Short, Best Comedic Short, Best Family Short, Best Music Video, Best Animated Short, Best Episodic Content Short, Best Student Short.
1. Best Homegrown Short (eastern/northeastern NC)
2. Best NC Filmmaker Award
3. Emerging Filmmaker Award
4. Community Choice Award
5. The Inaugural Hybrid and Project Innovation Award
All submissions (fiction/nonfiction) will be judged on uniqueness and originality, entertainment and production quality.
1. A Pecan Pickling Short Film Festival (APP) defines a short film as a film with a run time of no more than 40 minutes and no less than 5 minutes with credits. Films longer than 40 minutes and shorter than 5 minutes will not be considered a short-film.
2. Submissions must be accompanied by a NONREFUNDABLE submission fee of $20 for each submission along with a completed online entry form. All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
3. Films must be submitted online through FilmFreeway.
4. In the event of a password change or link change after submitting through
FilmFreeway, you must email the Festival at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately with that change so we may update your record. If the Festival is not notified of the change and the link is found to be inactive or the password to be incorrect, the submission may be deemed ineligible.
5. APP Short Film Festival screens films as digital files during the Festival. If you are unable or unwilling to provide us your film as a digital file, your film cannot be submitted.
6. Films must be available for screening during APP Short-Film Festival, September 8-10, 2023.
7. Feature films more than 40 minutes in length may be considered for a special screening. Selection for screening will be determined no later than one month prior to the festival.
8. Short films that are publicly available online prior to the Festival will be considered but prefer that shorts not be publicly available online.
9. APP Short-Film Festival reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject or disqualify any ineligible entries, without a refund. No nudity or excessive profanity.
10. Films that are selected to screen at the Festival may not necessarily be selected to be “in competition” for awards purposes.
ORIGINALITY AND PERMISSIONS; INDEMNITY
1. Films must be the original work of the applicants. If it is not, applicant(s) must secure any necessary rights to make adaptations. By entering the competition, you represent that you have secured all necessary rights.
2. Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in their films, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. APP Short-Film Festival expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations.
SELECTED FILMS AND WINNERS
1. APP Short- Film Festival has no obligation to disclose identities of screeners or judges; notes, feedback, or information relating to a submitted project; and/or provide details regarding the submission review or selection process.
2. APP Short- Film Festival explicitly disclaims any liability or responsibility for any comments, notes, or opinions expressed about a submission, whether by APP Short- Film Festival or by its volunteers.
3. Winners will be announced on Sunday, September 10, 2023. The judges’ decision is final.
4. If there are winners receiving cash prizes, it is their sole responsibility for payment of all applicable local, state, and federal taxes.
For general questions our FAQ will be posted shortly.
Still in need of assistance? Email at email@example.com