Adolfo Mena Cejas is a director, producer and screenwriter of award-winning short films that have been exhibited in several countries. As Assistant Director in theater, Adolfo worked in organizing and staging five plays for El Público Theater Company, directed by the renowned author Carlos Díaz; and with veteran director Stephen Bayly, on two plays. In relation to Art, Adolfo has worked as Cuban Art Specialist for different organizations.
The Machine (Cuba-USA, 2016-2017)
(Director, producer, scriptwriter. 10 minutes. 2017)
• Best Narrative Short Film Award (London Eye International Film Festival).
• Official Selection at HollyShorts Film Festival, NewFilmmakers LA, Artists Rise Up Los Angeles and Mammoth Film Festival (USA, California).
Be A Good Liar, Jackie Chang (Cuba, 2014)
(Director, producer, scriptwriter.12 minutes. 2014)
• Screenings at film festivals in Cuba, Mexico, Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, and
• Best Fiction, Best Sound Design, and Best Editing Awards (Almacén de la
Imagen Film Festival).
• Best Short Film of 2014 (Cinematographic Press Association of Cuba).
Nani & Tati (Cuba, 2013)
(Director, producer, scriptwriter. 20 minutes. 2013)
• Screenings at film festivals in Cuba, Brazil, and the U.S.
• Best Fiction, Best Sound Design (Young Filmmakers Film Festival, Havana).
• Best Script and Best Actress Awards (Almacén de la Imagen Film Festival).