As you'd expect from the Writers' Guild of Ireland, the Zebbie Awards are ALL about celebrating you, THE WRITERS; the creative hearts and minds whose magical, wordy outpourings become the memorable tv shows, films, theatre and radio plays that excite us, move us and entertain us.
Named in honour of O.Z (Zebby) Whitehead, the annual WGI Zebbie Awards - now in our 16th year - recognise the best scripts that were produced in the previous year (2022). So open up those folders people, and pick your best script (yes it IS good enough!), one that was broadcast, performed or screened in Ireland, or streamed to an Irish audience during 2022, and submit it to us.
You've got until midnight on Tuesday 11th July 2023. And don't forget to cast your eye over the Rules before you submit!
1. The Zebbie Awards are open to all writers resident on the island of Ireland, or Irish writers living abroad.
2. To submit a script, you must be the writer(s) of the script.
3. All submitted scripts must have been broadcast, staged or screened in Ireland, or streamed to an Irish audience for the first time, between January 1st and December 31st 2022.
4. When submitting scripts, use pdf format only. Only your name should appear on the script (your contact details etc. to be included on the FilmFreeway portal).
5. In the case of series, each individual writer (or co-writers) may submit one of the scripts they wrote in that series.
6. Submitted scripts do not have to be the final production draft, but the draft that the writer feels best represents their writing.
7. By submitting, you have obtained permission to have your work published on the WGI website for voting purposes - if shortlisted - from the copyright holder (if not you, then the Producer/Production company).
8. If you're not in a position to pay the €10 submission fee, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a fee waiver, at least one week in advance of the submission deadline.
9. Deadline; All scripts to be submitted by midnight on Tuesday 11th July, 2023