Are you ready for a challenge?
Welcome to our inaugural Zeal Reel Micro Short Film Competition!
Maybe it’s our ADHD or our real-life focus pull, but around here, WE LOVE SHORT FILMS! We also love testing the limits of creativity. We are a film competition dedicated to giving scrappy, self-taught filmmakers an opportunity to show the world’s universal humanity and what is possible through the creative lens. This competition is just the beginning for your micro short. We encourage you to explore your character and develop your film further. As a winner, we hope our prize allows you to do just that.
We believe in celebrating your creative imagination for short form content and challenge you to make the ultimate short film in sixty (60) seconds or less. Will you accept this challenge?
Was that an, “OMG! I’m in!”, we just heard?
Can you tell a compelling narrative or documentary story in 60 seconds?
Then YOU are the filmmaker we’re looking for!
So much can happen in one minute. We want you to put on a masterclass with your visually stunning, well-written, character-based micro short.
We’re looking for a glimpse of cinema magic that leaves its audience wanting to know more about your character’s story. Show us your character’s universal story borne from personal truth.
A micro short film is not a commercial or a promotional video. We want to see your zeal – passion, energy, and intensity of filmmaking – come to life through innovative storytelling.
Texas-based filmmakers submit your micro shorts now for a chance to win the Texas Filmmaker Audience Award at our live screening event. All qualified and verified submissions by Texas filmmakers will be publicly screened.
Grand Jury Prize $2,500 USD
Texas Filmmaker Audience Award $1,000 USD
Best Director Award
Best Original Music
Best Sound Design
Best Production Design
Best Dramatic Film Award
Best Horror Film Award
Best Romantic Comedy Film Award
Best Comedy Film Award
Best Dark Film Award
Best Science Fiction Film Award
Best Documentary Film Award
Best Mocumentary Film Award
Best Action/Adventure Film Award
Best Animation Film Award
• Submissions must be sixty (60) seconds in length or shorter, including credits.
• Submissions must be a scripted motion picture, this includes documentary films, that could be developed into a longer length short film or feature film.
• Submissions per entrant is unlimited. Each entry is a separate fee.
• Submissions co-owned/co-created only need one person to serve as the entrant be it producer, writer, or director.
• Submissions must be in high definition.
• Submission can only be entered for one (1) category.
• Submitted material must not contain obscene, unlawful, or objectionable content.
See full Terms and Conditions at https://lazyparkentertainment.com.