THANKS for a fantastic Season 3! Congrats to our winners👏👏👏👏👏
Grand Prize - Donal O'Dea for "Call of Nature"
Texas Filmmaker - Jeremy Perez for " Rib of Adam"
🔊🔊🔊The WAIT is OVEEEEERRRRRR!!!!!
⏰ Ring the one-minute alarm, Season 3 just clocked in. It’s time to dust off your submit fingers and get-in-to-win.
With two seasons behind us, our exceptional, international micro short film competition is growing exponentially, receiving superior quality submissions from across the world, and our supporters are mingling with our filmmakers at the swankiest budget-friendly orange carpet screening in Houston.
If you haven't already joined us, you MUST attend our soiree and cinema exhibition. Where you'll quickly discover we're NOT your average film festival.
Zeal Reel Micro Short Film Competition™, one of a few Competitions to give a cash prize to support filmmakers in their art, is designed to test filmmakers’ creativity and champion those who thrive in this short art form.
We emphasize one-minute micro shorts are an exercise in concise, comprehensive storytelling. However, to be brief is just part of a one-minute micro short. To captivate an audience with a visually stunning, well-written, character-based, closed-ended one-minute film that's worth watching, is the other part.
Your 60 second film can introduce you to the world. We want you to show us your Zeal for storytelling and submit your micro short TODAY!
If you are a filmmaker based in the State of Texas, USA, we offer additional consideration for your entry(ies). In addition to a cash prize given for the overall best film, we give an additional cash prize to the winning Texas-based filmmaker. A vote by attendees at our cinema exhibition determines the winner of the audience award prize.
Grand Jury Prize (Best Micro Short Film) $2,500 USD
Texas Filmmaker Audience Award $1,000 USD
Cast/Crew Awards Include
Best Original Music
Best Sound Design
Best Production Design
Film Awards Include
Best Dramatic Film
Best Horror Film
Best Romantic Comedy Film
Best Comedy Film
Best Dark Comedy Film
Best Science Fiction Film
Best Documentary Film
Best Mocumentary Film
Best Action/Adventure Film
Best Animation Film
👀Submission Highlights are below.
⚖️See all Official Rules at https://lazyparkentertainment.com/zr-official-rules/.
• Submissions must be sixty (60) seconds in length or shorter, including credits.
• Submissions must have been completed after March 1, 2021, and must be available for screening on March 23, 2023.
• Submissions must be a scripted motion picture, this includes documentary films, and must not be one-minute clips from longer films.
• Submissions per entrant is unlimited. Each entry is a separate fee.
• Submissions co-owned/co-created only need one person to serve as the entrant be it producer, writer, or director.
• Submissions must be in high definition.
• Submission can only be entered for one (1) category.
• Entry fees are non-refundable.
• Submitted material must not contain obscene, unlawful, or objectionable content.
• Submissions in a language other than English, must include English subtitles.
• Submissions that are publicly available online prior to the exhibition date may be screened, but will be ineligible for prize consideration.
• Zeal Reel MSFC reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject or disqualify any ineligible entries, without a refund.
• Zeal Reel MSFC requires the Grand Prize winner and the Texas Audience Award winner to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release before any prize money is released. Failure to fully complete and return the Affidavit within the allotted time will result in forfeiture of the prize.