International Film Festival for Children and Youth ZOOM.15 will take place in Ljubljana, Slovenia, in September 2021, between 21st and 23rd.*
In 2021 we will connect ZOOM to Liberty project, in which one of the main activities is Liberty Outdoor Digital Arts. Through the project the emphasis will be on the exchange of international practices of working with young people in the field of film, the inclusion of weaker and vulnerable groups, and the acquisition of young artists and the spread of their visibility.
The festival is free of charge and intended for all children and youth who devote their free time to educating themselves in the film arts or are involved in film clubs.
At the festival you can:
- participate by submitting your films that will be inspected by a special committee which will choose the best film in different categories
- take part in free film workshops led by renowned experts and
- watch films from your peers
- enjoy the live screening of competition programme,
- participate on round tables and other events of accompanying programme.
The festival is meant to encourage, educate and provide an insight to youngsters into the process of creating a film. The young communicate their problems, fears, wishes and desires to us and the world precisely through the means of film language. This festival is also an opportunity for mentors to look into and compare with other schools and production companies.
*DO MIND! Dates of the festival can be changed due to health situation. Festival can be extended up to 14 days.
- children's film: authors up to 14 years of age
- youth film: authors up to 19 years of age
- Slovenian section
- international section
Jury, named by the festival producers, will select the best films in each category in each section and will award them.
- submitted films must be made/created/filmed by children and adolescents under the age of 19 (others will be rejected)
- films must have a runtime of 20 minutes or less
- films must be produced after January 1, 2020
- submitted films must not be a part of previous ZOOM editions
- films must be available for festival screening (required resolution: 1280 × 720 or 1920 × 1080)
- there is a strict “no premiere” policy
- films must be submitted via FilmFreeway or via e-mail (email@example.com)
- languages accepted: Slovenian or English audio OR other with English subtitles (please submit the dialog list in external .srt document)
- .srt document must include:
section of subtitles number, time the subtitle is displayed begins --> time the subtitle is displayed ends, subtitle
- films selected in the competition programme will be presented with live screenings and translated into Slovene language. films without subtitles cannot be displayed and will be taken out of competition programme.
- if live screenings will not be possible during the festival, selected films will be screened online. Authors must allow online screening during festival.
- maximum number of submitted films (per author): 3 (others will be rejected by festival selectors)
- films can only compete in one category (children OR youth)
- submitted films may be used by the organiser for promotional purposes.
All award recipients are required to send bank account number, during the claim period (30 days from the announcement date) that the prize should be transferred into your bank account.