International film festival for children and youth ZOOM.14 will take place in Ljubljana, Slovenia, in March between 18th and 20th 2020.
The festival is free of charge and intended for all children and youth who devote their free time to educating themselves in the film arts or are involved in film clubs.
At the festival you can:
- participate by submitting your films that will be inspected by a special committee which will choose the best film in different categories
- take part in free morning film workshops led by renowned experts and
- watch films from your peers
- enjoy the live screening of competiton programme.
The festival is meant to encourage, educate and provide an insight to youngsters into the process of creating a film. The young communicate their problems, fears, wishes and desires to us and the world precisely through the means of film language. This festival is also an opportunity for mentors to look into and compare with other schools and production companies.
- children's film: authors up to 14 years of age
- youth film: authors up to 19 years of age
- Slovenian section
- international section
Jury, named by the festival producers, will select the best films in each category in each section and will award them.
- submitted films must be made/created/filmed by children and adolescents under the age of 19 (others will be rejected)
- films must have a runtime of 20 minutes or less
- films must be produced after January 1, 2018
- submitted films must not be a part of previous ZOOM editions
- films must be available for festival screening (required resolution: 1280 × 720 or 1920 × 1080)
- there is a strict “no premiere” policy
- films must be submitted via FilmFreeway or via e-mail (email@example.com)
- languages accepted: Slovenian or English audio OR other with English subtitles (please submit the dialog list in external .srt document)
- .srt document must include:
section of subtitles number, time the subtitle is displayed begins --> time the subtitle is displayed ends, subtitle
- films selected in the competition programme will be presented with live screenings and translated into slovene language. films without subtitles cannot be displayed and will be taken our of competition programme.
All award recipients are required to send bank account number, during the claim period (30 days from the announcement date) that the prize should be transferred into your bank account.