THE FESTIVAL WILL NOT BE HELD IN 2022.
The democratic country Ukraine faces a blatant, terrible and inhuman aggression of Russia.
The outbreak of war in Ukraine is an attack on a civilized world with a democratic system, a crime committed in the heart of Europe.
_ _ _
The purposes of the festival are:
* to acquaint cinema lovers around the globe with the world's best short in documentary, fiction and animation genre.
* to discover talanted directors and open them to the world.
* to spread domestic cinema, support of national cinema, as well as films and video works of co-production that preserve the traditions of Ukrainian cinematography.
* popularization of hometown and Zaporizhzhia region by means of cinema art.
Best Shorts will participate Zaporizhzhia International Film Festival.
The best films and their authors will have an opportunity to get the main prize of the festival.
SHORT FILM ELIGIBILITY:
- Completed after January 1st, 2019
- Completed films accepted only
- Run time of less than 20 minutes
- Films in a language other than English must be subtitled in English
Firstly, the films are prewatched by the selection committee members based in Ukraine.
Secondly, after the best films are selected, the films are proposed to take part in Zaporizhzhia International Film Festival.
Thirdly, the official jury of the festival will choose the best film in every nomination of the International Competition:
- the best fiction short
- the best documentary short
- the best animated short
There are the following nominations in the National Competition:
- the best Ukrainian fiction short
- the best Ukrainian documentary short
- the best Ukrainian animated short
The festival requires preview screeners of films to be submitted online (with private Youtube or Vimeo links ONLY). We do not accept physical submissions, i.e. DVDs.