In the city of culture, art, and heritage. Yellowstone International Film Festival is dedicated to celebrating the world-class cinema. Yellowstone International Film festival is home to independent cinema from around the world.
YIFF puts filmmakers first and provides the opportunity for recognition and publicity for quality films and documentaries. Our aim is to be an advocate for filmmakers with a unique vision and to promote their work by showcasing it to a large audience. which is why our mission is to carefully consider and select a wide range of films to promote to the indie film-loving crowd.
YIFF will be a global adventure of the premiere, screenings, nightly red carpets, daring documentaries, eye-opening short films, We also focus films under special categories such as LGBTQ films, Women Empowerment films, environmental films, Students Films,
YIFF will be host to Opening & Closing Night Gale, Opening & Closing night Red Carpet , Press Interaction for participants, Official Portraits for nominated filmmakers, Festival Interviews of Nominated filmmakers, nightly parties, live music performances, filmmaker panels, award presentations, and an enhanced filmmaker hospitality program that includes city tours and more
We invite you to add your voice to the conversation. At YIFF, filmmakers are invited to the festival to participate in a variety of programs, Q&A sessions and a series of panel discussions, Press Conferences. masterclasses where filmmakers have the opportunity to discuss their work and careers with a new generation of content creators.
1) YIFF Jewry award
2) Best super short
3) Best animated short
4) Best International live-action short
5) Best International Documentary short
6) Audience award - International live-action short
7) Audience Award -International documentary short
8) Best Indian live-action short
9) Best Indian documentary short
10) Audience Award Indian Live-Action Short
11) Audience Award Indian Documentary Short
12) Best feature film award
13) Best documentary feature
14) Audience Award - Feature Film
15) Audience Award - Documentary Feature
16) Best LGBTQ Film
17) Best women empowerment films
18) Best environmental film
19) Best travel film
20) Best trailer
21) Best poster
22) Best performance by an actor in a short film
23) Best performance by an actress in a short film
24) Best Performance by an actor in a feature-length film
25) Best Performance by an actress in a feature-length film
26) Best student Live-Action Short
27)Best Student Documentary Short
Technical Awards -
28) Best cinematography in a live-action short
29) Best editing in a live-action short
30) Best background score In a live-action short
31) BestSound Design In a Live-action Short
32) Best Cinematography in a Documentary Short
33) Best Editing a Documentary short
34) Best Background score In a documentary short
35) Best sound design In a documentary short
36) Best Cinematography Feature Length
37) Best Editing in a Feature Length Film
38) Best Background score In a Feature-Length Film
39) Best sound design in a feature-length film
40) Best Background score In a Feature Length Documentary
41) Best Cinematography Feature-Length Documentary
42) Best Editing in a Feature Length documentary
43)Best sound design in a Feature-length documentary
1. Submissions must be accompanied by the applicable submission fee PER ENTRY and a completed online entry form.
2. Submissions must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
3. Submissions must be submitted as an online streaming video via a participating submission platform (FilmFreeway), a password-protected streaming URL, or on DVD with NTSC or PAL formatting (please test before sending).
4. In the event of a password change or link change after submitting, you must email the Festival at INFO@YELLOWSTONEINTERNATIONALFILMFESTIVAL.COM so we may update your record. If the Festival is not notified of the change and the link is found to be inactive or the password to be incorrect, the submission may be deemed ineligible.
5.YIFF screens films and series as digital files during the Festival screen on Blu-Ray, DVD, or DCP Only these formats will be accepted.
6. Feature Films and Short Films must have been completed after October 1st, 2018.
7. Short films that are publicly available online prior to the Festival may be considered for exhibition during the Festival but will be ineligible for awards. We prefer that shorts not be publicly available online.
8. Private invite-only screenings (for instance for cast and crew or donors) do not affect a submission’s eligibility.
9. YIFF reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject or disqualify any ineligible entries, without a refund.
10. Foreign language films must be made available with the original language soundtrack and English subtitles.
11. You may re-submit a previously submitted film, with the proper entry fee, only if the film has been significantly altered, re-edited or re-made since the initial submission. We will treat the submission as an entirely new project.
12* Important - If the film is being submitted under the student film category, we request you to email us the filmmaker's student school ID card of the current year. otherwise, your film will be disqualified.
In addition to the id card, The email should also include the name of the project and the tracking number
ORIGINALITY AND Permissions; INDEMNITY
1. Submissions must be the original work of the applicants. If a film or series is based upon another person’s life or upon a book or other underlying work, the applicant(s) must secure any necessary rights to make such adaptations. However, it is not necessary to submit the adaptation rights agreements to the Festival. Neither the Festival nor its jurists investigate or attest to the authenticity of an applicant’s statement of authorship or rights secured. By entering the competition, you represent that you have secured all necessary rights.
2. Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in their films, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. YIFF expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
3. Once an entry payment has been received we cannot provide a refund. If a payment is disputed by an entrant for any reason, the entrant may be subject to any transaction fees or similar amounts incurred by YIFF in connection with the dispute.
4. You MUST include your physical address either in your entry or in your cover letter. Please do not submit a film without giving us your address, which we need for our records.
SELECTED ENTRIES AND WINNERS
1. YIFF has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
2. YIFF explicitly disclaims any liability or responsibility for any comments, notes, or opinions expressed about a submission, whether by YIFF or by its volunteers.
3. Winners will be announced on OCTOBER 5TH. The judges’ decision is final. Judges reserve the right not to grant an award.
RETURNS & ACKNOWLEDGMENTS: DVDs and press materials will not be returned under any circumstances. Include a self-addressed, stamped postcard for each submission if you wish acknowledgment of the receipt of your entry.