The Yarra Valley Film Festival (YVFF) is an outdoor event held on the lush grass slopes under the stars of the Yarra Valley.
Whilst showcasing films - both local and international - the festival will also boast the best in Yarra Valley wines, beers, ciders and other produce. This exciting community event located only an hour from the city of Melbourne will combine a world class backdrop with internationally acclaimed beer, wine, cider and food.
YVFFest will select 10 short films from both local and international film-makers as well a junior category for young film-makers below the age of 18.
Films will be judged and awarded by local industry professionals. Film awards include, Best Film, Junior Best Film, Women in Film, Best Comedy and an award for Best Local Film. Prizes for awards will soon be announced.
The Yarra Valley Film Festival is proudly supported by, Yarra Ranges Council, Punt Road Wines, Napoleone Brewers, Payne’s Rise, the Yarra Ranges Film Society, Global Ballooning Australia and many more world acclaimed local businesses.
Best Film Award - Overall best film - $240 Lisa Angus Photography Voucher. (Voucher for local Film-makers only) Films must be from within the State of Victoria only. More prizes to be announced.
Best Comedy - $240 Lisa Angus Photography Voucher. (Voucher for local Film-makers only) Films must be from within the State of Victoria only. More prizes to be announced.
Emerging Junior Film-Maker Award - For junior film-makers under the age of 18 as of the 24/2/19. All Junior entrants must attend an Australian School and supply a date of birth with their submissions in order to qualify. $240 Lisa Angus Photography Voucher. (Voucher for local Film-makers only) Films must be from within the State of Victoria only. More prizes to be announced.
Local Best Film - Awarded to the best locally made film using local content. $240 Lisa Angus Photography Voucher. (Voucher for local Film-makers only) Films must be from within the State of Victoria only. More prizes to be announced.
Best Local Film. $240 Lisa Angus Photography Voucher. (Voucher for local Film-makers only) Films must be from within the State of Victoria only. More prizes to be announced.
Best Junior Film Maker. $240 Lisa Angus Photography Voucher. (Voucher for local Film-makers only). More prizes to be announced.
Best Comedy Award. $240 Lisa Angus Photography Voucher. (Voucher for local Film-Makers only). More prizes to be announced.
Audience Choice Award. $240 Lisa Angus Photography Voucher. (Voucher for Local Film-Makers only). More prizes to be announced.
Women in Film Award. - Best Female Talent. $240 Lisa Angus Photography Voucher. (Local Film-makers only). More prizes to be announced.
Yarra Valley Film Festival (YVFF)
Terms & Conditions:
1. You (“the Producer”) agree that by entering any film into the Yarra Valley Film Festival, the Producer has submitted the Film to
the Festival and accepts these entry guidelines and these terms and conditions.
2. All films must be 16 minutes in length or less including credits.
3. Films are to be submitted via:
a. www.filmfreeway.com (https://filmfreeway.com/ and you must pay Filmfreeway’s submission fees via FilmFreeway); or
b. by sending private links to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
c. Postal submissions are to be sent to Yarra Valley Film Festival Submissions C/O Mount Lilydale Mercy College Old Collegians’ Association - 120 Anderson Street Lilydale, Victoria 3140, Australia. All postal submissions are deemed to be accepted five (5) days after the date that they are posted by ordinary Australian pre-paid post.
4. All junior entries must include proof of age documentation.
5. Selected films will be screened and judged at the Festival on the night of Saturday 2 March, 2019 (or any other time and date YVFF may nominate).
6. The judging panel will be selected by YVFF and consist of industry professionals, actors, film-makers and others. The judges will make their own decisions and will be seeking creativity, awesome story-telling, direction, sound design, writing and producing.
YVFF will award films in the categories of Best Film, Best Emerging Film-Maker (For those proven to be under 18 and attending an Australian School), Best Animation, Best Documentary, Best Comedy and Best Local Film. Judges will view all finalist films live on the night and will review the films with individual scores. The scores will be added up and the highest score will win. The Judges’ decision is final. YVFF reserves the right to determine which category a film is entered into. For any questions regarding eligibility for the various categories, please contact the festival office at email@example.com
7. All prizes awarded are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
8. The producer acknowledges that it must comply with the following dates and times:
d. Earlybird Deadline - Friday 16 November 2018. Early submissions must be received no later than 6pm (Australian EST)
e. Regular Deadline - Friday 21, December 2018. Regular submissions should be received no later than 6pm (Australian EST) Friday 21 December, 2018.
f. Latest Deadline - Friday 18 January, 2019. Latest Deadline submissions close at 6pm (Australian EST) Friday 18 January, 2019.
g. 26 January 2019 – Official Selection Films must be submitted in the requested format and Film Makers Entrants to advise of attendance at Festival.
h. 1 February 2019 - Official Selection announced via YVFF Website and social media.
i. Saturday 2 March, 2019 – The Yarra Valley Film Festival.
9. No films submitted after 6:00 PM on 18 January 2019 will be accepted by YVFF.
10. The Producer hereby represents and declares to YVFF that:
a. It has the full right and sole authority to accept these Terms and Conditions and enter into this agreement and agrees to
honour all of the terms of this agreement;
b. The film which the producer submits complies with al of these terms and conditions ;
c. The producer grants to YVFF a non-exclusive non-transferrable licence (and all other necessary rights) to exhibit the film at
the Yarra Valley Film Festival and to Exhibit the production either in part or in total for promotional purposes;
d. it has obtained all the necessary permissions to submit this film to YVFF and that the film does not violate the copyright and
any other rights of any other party. This includes use of all included music and literary material;
e. it has copyright or permission in the sound recordings comprising the soundtrack of the Film and the music and lyrics.
f. all the artists in the Film have signed a waiver consenting their use of their images and performances in the Film;
g. it has a written release from each person or entity that has contributed to the Film, consenting that the producer or its
assignees and licensees may edit, alter and/or reproduce the results and proceeds of the contributor/s services;
h. all contributors to the film have received remuneration for their services or have made a formal agreement to waive remuneration for their services or receive a deferred payment, remunerated by the producer;
i. it agrees to allow YVFF the rights (including the intellectual property rights) of the Film to be used for promotional use, social media and broadcasting at the festival;
j. all information and details submitted with the entry form for the YVFF are true and correct;
k. The Producer assures YVFF that no part of the film is, or will be, actionable for defamation or violate any right of privacy or publicity of any person or breach any other law.
11. By submitting your film into the Yarra Valley Film Festival, you (the Producer) acknowledge that you waive your right to have your film withdrawn after 13 February 2018.
12. A film may be removed from the YVFF program if the YVFF in its sole discretion, have reason to conclude that a film does not, for any reason, adhere with Terms and Conditions or for any other reason.
13. Although YVFF will endeavor to take care of all materials, they will not be responsible for any damage and/or loss of prints, tapes and DVD’s. Initial copies of the film will not be returned unless a self-addressed envelope is sent with postage paid.
14. The Producer indemnifies and holds harmless YVFF from any damages, costs, loses, liabilities, expenses, obligations or claims whatsoever that it may incur as a result of any breach or breaches of the Producer’s agreements, obligations, presentations and warranties contained in this Agreement or the breach of any law by the Producer.
15. The Producer agrees to supply any additional documents (eg. Release waivers from actors, copyright for music, Proof of age for Junior entries etc) if requested prior to 26 January, 2019.
16. Upon selection, the Producer will provide a copy of the film in the requested format, at their own expense no later than 26 January, 2019.
For any questions concerning our terms and conditions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org