After the grand success of 1st & 2nd edition of WLISFF at Auditorium G.D.C Baramulla, we are glad to announce the 3rd edition.
[Submissions are free on EarlyBird deadline for Local (kashmiri) & Female Iranian Filmmakers reserved under special category]
This Edition we are exclusively accepting submissions via FilmFreeway only.
Situated in Kashmir, Wular Lake is one of the largest fresh water lakes in Asia. WLISFF is the first of its kind to be held in the heart of District 'Baramulla' in "Auditorium GDC". The festival aims to provide platform for Indie-Filmmakers & Student Filmmakers to showcase their work to diverse audience.
WLISFF objective is to feature great cinema of worldwide filmmakers in a big way & at the same time providing professional networking & introducing current trends of cinema to the participants. The festival goal is to empower independent filmmakers and committed to become premium movie going event which foster the growth of independent filmmakers.
The festivals gives awards and honor certificates as well!
Besides all winners will be entertained by an 'offficial round the wular lake trip' on the closing ceremony evening.
Please refer to rules & regulations before submitting your work to WLISFF.
Filmmakers/Submitters can keep themselves updated through our Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Wlisff/
Best International Film Award
Best Director Award
Best Cinematographer Award
Best Editor Award
Best Screenplay Award
Best Animation Film Award
Best War & Peace Film
Best Student Film
Best 1 Minute Film Award
Best Script Writer Award
WLISFF, a competitive festival with Certificates, Trophies, Gift Prizes & much more!
Please read the regulations carefully before submitting your work!
[This Edition we are exclusively accepting submissions via FilmFreeway only].
The Competition Programme will be divided into following categories:
a) International Competition
b) National Competition
c) Script & Screenplay Competition
d) 1 Minute Film Competition
1. We accept submissions exclusively via FilmFreeway platform only. However, flexibility for submitting online private links will be accepted in special/genuine cases. You need to send a request mail for the same.
2. All Genres, Formats & Languages are accepted. However, our main focus is on Children Films, Animations, Women empowerment, Human rights, Nature, Environment, War crimes, True stories, Films for & by Children, Social Films etc.
3. Only films/documentaries with duration of 30 minutes or less will be entertained.
4. The short film/short documentary must have been completed after 1st January 2015 and should not be available on any public platform.
5. Multiple entries can be submitted.
6. Films once selected & submitted for final screening will not be allowed to be withdrawn under any circumstances until the festival is over.
7. The competition is open for professionals as well as students.
8. Short films/short documentaries that are submitted must be the entrants’ original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties.
9. Contestants agree that they have obtained all required permissions regarding music, sound and/or images presented in your film.
10. Winners are selected by a judging panel of industry professionals consisting of independent producers, production companies, film-makers, and other film industry professionals who may be substituted at the discretion of the Festival organisers.
11. No work or artist will be either discriminated or favored by their country of origin, language, age, race, education, gender, ideology, or by their economic resources. Every content, every form, every technique will be admitted with no censorship of any kind.
12. All Filmmakers must register as delegates to attend the festival.
13. Hospitality charges are applicable both for Filmmakers and the attendees.
14. WLISFF does not take any type of financial commitment for the expense incurred on the correspondence by the participant. However, The Festival will surely provide special discounts (reimbursement) for travel and lodging expenses for Filmmakers.
15. Special category is meant for Local Filmmakers & especially Kashmiri Language films only.
16. All Filmmakers are requested to join us on Facebook and subscribe on our website for any updates regarding the festival.