WriteMovies has been helping writers succeed since 1999! Now in our 20th anniversary year, we are currently accepting submissions for our Horror Award 2019!
Following on from our highly successful Sci-Fi and Fantasy Award, we are continuing our series of genre prizes with an award for the Horror genre! The WriteMovies Horror Award is all about celebrating scripts that chill and scare us, tapping into our darkest and most primal fears…
Whether your script features monsters and serial killers or just toys with our minds, we’d love to read it – and be terrified while doing so!
All submissions for the WriteMovies Horror Award also automatically get free entry to our Fall 2019 Screenwriting Contest, with the opportunity to win the Grand Prize of $2000 and many other bonuses! Find out more here: https://writemovies.com/writemovies-fall-2019-screenwriting-contest/
The winner of this award will receive:
- Guaranteed pitching to industry
- Two sets of Development Notes to help take their script to the next level
- Further advice to fine tune your script from our experts
Plus, all submissions receive automatic entry to our Fall 2019 Screenwriting Contest
- All submissions must be in the horror genre.
- We no longer accept checks due to issues with fraud. Please use the PayPal options when participating. Please ensure you can send AND receive payments via PayPal.
- There are no physical items deliverable under our services – all reports will be provided by email in standard document formats.
- Once a project has been processed, there is no refund.
- Cancellations must be requested within 48 hours before any public announcement of winning entries and/or before receipt of any completed.
- Entries MUST have a cover sheet/titlepage with contact info in order to be considered.
- The winner receives guaranteed pitching to industry and two sets of Development Notes, plus further advice on developing their script. All submissions also receive free entry to the WriteMovies Spring 2019 Screenwriting Contest.
- Up to $1 million in option monies from the A-List producers we work with. If an established studio/production company makes an offer on your script, we will fly you to Los Angeles and cover your flight & hotel costs for three days. We will pitch the top three projects to relevant production companies. You keep ALL the option/sales money (unless you commission an agent, manager or attorney to represent you). The Grand Prize winner is also pitched to several literary agencies and management companies as well as non-US companies to increase the chances of a sale. The names of the top three winners and their projects are mentioned in press releases and on the web.