*** 1 WEEK EXTENSION! Now open until October 18th. ***
Since 1999, WriteMovies’ screenwriting contests guarantee to develop our winners’ projects at our own expense and pitch them to producers with the power to make them happen. Our contests are designed to show you exactly how well your script currently competes in the market, and a clear ladder to success.
Our results – with up to 50+ Quarter-Finalists, 25+ Semi-Finalists, 7+ Honorable Mentions and 3 winners – show you where your project currently sits in comparison to others, and our studio-quality tiers of script mentoring and script consultancy show you its potential and how to remove the obstacles to that success without compromising on the things that matter most to you about your script.
Because we’re serious about selling our winners’ scripts, and we can prove we have the contacts and meetings to put them in front of decision makers at the heart of the international entertainment industry, our contests are designed to give all writers a clear sense of where their script currently stands in the market – and the clear answers you need about all that your project could achieve and how to fulfil it.
Grand Prize: $3500
Top three scripts all receive:
- A year of free script development worth up to $3200
- Guaranteed pitching to industry
- Exclusive prizes from InkTip
- We no longer accept checks due to issues with fraud. Please use the PayPal options when participating. Please ensure you can send AND receive payments via PayPal.
- There are no physical items deliverable under our services – all reports will be provided by email in standard document formats.
- Once a project has been processed, there is no refund.
- Cancellations must be requested within 48 hours before any public announcement of winning entries and/or before receipt of any completed.
- Entries MUST have a cover sheet/titlepage with contact info in order to be considered.
- Grand Prize: $2,000 cash prize and guaranteed representation. 1 Full year of script mentoring for the top three winners, including development notes on re-writes of the top 3 winning scripts worth $3,200
- Up to $1 million in option monies from the A-List producers we work with. If an established studio/production company makes an offer on your script, we will fly you to Los Angeles and cover your flight & hotel costs for three days. We will pitch the top three projects to relevant production companies. You keep ALL the option/sales money (unless you commission an agent, manager or attorney to represent you). The Grand Prize winner is also pitched to several literary agencies and management companies as well as non-US companies to increase the chances of a sale. The names of the top three winners and their projects are mentioned in press releases and on the web.