Women are unique. They are equipped with tool universe possessed to build and nurture the nature God gives. No woman is created to compete with any male or to overtake and underestimate the male job.
Respecting films, and soft voices they carried, that is created by a woman, or a man for woman in general, this film festival is established to honor inspiring films produced with love and high quality to become their showcase.
The festival, build under the wing of a big festival group, the International Film Festivals, also aimed to look for an inspiring woman with dedication for humanity, equality, and love for others, for her environment, or for nature’s benefit for next generation. Heroines with a shining armor might only live in animation films, but the true heroine, regardless their age, do live among us.
Its mission is to promote films and women who carry humble, yet strong heart, endeavor for humanitarian issues and inspire others. Winning person profile will become our showcase based on their CVs.
We are looking for documentary and narrative films that are related to woman life, or biographies, or other inspiring themes produced or made by any female filmmaker.
We receive submissions from all over the world.
Let’s start living a real, inspire life, and let your films start inspiring others throughout the globe.
Awards Night will be presented on mid-April 2018.
All winners are warmly invited to attend the ceremony. On that occasion, during the ceremony in Jakarta, World Woman Awards will give awards to all attendant winners.
Please read this below TERMS & CONDITIONS carefully before you submit.
This agreement pertains to all Work/s submitted to World Woman Awards:
Be it known to any filmmaker or submitter, by submitting your film/s to the World Woman Awards, you agree to all TERMS AND CONDITIONS below in full.
Submitter can submit themselves, or people you know, living or dead. CV and other supporting documentation or related information like photos, clipping, or films are suggested.
Our juries may also search information from other sources once we accept the submission.
1. The submitter guarantee that all rights and releases have been legally secured, including music rights, songs, etc and the submitter releases the Festival and its entire member from any legal action whatsoever.
A. If nominated, 2 DVD PAL and 1 (one) Blu-ray (optional) or DCP, must be sent. Mark case and DVD, with the title, length, and director's name. Please mark your film with "No Commercial Value - For Cultural Purposes Only" either on the envelope and the shipping invoices. Although every possible care will be taken with DVDs while in our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for unforeseen loss, stolen, or damage of entries. Please do not send originals. We do not receive downloads of any kind.
B. For general category, you do not need to send the above items (number 2A).
3. All transportation/shipping costs (including customs clearance) to Jakarta, plus fees for insurance while in transit, must be borne by the participants (please write: For Cultural Purposes only - Not for commercial use). The Festival Director reserves the right to refuse any shipment involving unpaid costs.
4. All submissions should be sent pre-paid.
5. We will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
6. All submission fees are non-refundable.
7. All selection committees' and juries' decisions are finals.
8. Only producers or directors can receive the physical awards at the award ceremony.
9. Regardless of the Prize and the winning status, winning filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony, will only receive laurels.
10. The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for any reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
11. Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material should not be used for such purposes after the Festival.
12. We do not pay any screening fees. Not all winning films will be screened. The festival has the full right to select the winning films to be screened.
13. The Festival Directorate may deny participation to any film unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
14. The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes in the profile of the Festival if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
15. All filmmakers/submitter are expected to keep communications with the Festival professional and in good taste. Failure to do so may result in disqualification at any point in the adjudication process, including the nullification of Official Selection status or nominations. That stated, the Festival will only communicate with the person who submitted his/her film to the festival, and that Festival should not be expected to communicate with any other persons.
16. The festival has the right to work with any institution and partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint events or promotions.
17. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
18. The submitter/filmmaker also acknowledges that remediation of any sort will be limited to a refund of their submission fees.
19. Films could be from any year.
20. All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the World Woman Awards shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts in North Jakarta. Any dispute arising as a result of submission to the Festival will have a recourse limited to the lesser of either the submission fee paid or the cost of correcting the issue.
By submitting to our Festival, submitter/filmmakers:
- indicate that they have read, understand, agree with, and will comply all of the Terms and Condition above, and accept all of the terms and conditions herein, in their entirety, without modification.
- agree to indemnify us and hold us and our employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry to the Festival.