All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood. (#Universal Declaration of Human Rights, article 1 – The United Nation)
Working closely with the Council of Creative People (Dewan Kreatif Rakyat) and International I-Hebat Volunteers, World Human Rights Awards (WARTA) a part of international Film Festivals group is established to give honor and appreciation to people who work and dedicate their lives fighting for human rights. He/she could be anyone from any kind of profession, from all age, and from any parts of the world. We value hard works labored for peace, humanity, and human rights and stand to become a tool of human rights by working together with human rights filmmakers.
Our mission is to promote human rights issues, including right to health, freedom, clean environment, happiness, zero discrimination, tolerance, and right to be free of poverty, to have freedom to worship, women’s rights, migrant’s rights, against trafficking, etc., and to help the United Nations to promote the International Human Rights Day in December 10.
In every society’s liberation from injustice and inhumanity, human rights heroes are born. Filmmaker who carries a soldier of human rights’ heart, this festival is waiting for you.
We accept submissions from all over the world. Winning persons profile will become our showcase based on their CVs.
SUBMIT YOUR FILM OR PROMOTE HUMAN RIGHTS HEROES NOW!
Juries consist of a group of notable politician, filmmakers, seasoned artists, and entrepreneurs will give awards to the selected persons: Human Rights Hero of the Year, Human Rights Heroine of the Year, Human Rights Platinum Award, Human Rights Gold Award, and Human Rights Silver Award.
All winners are warmly invited to attend the ceremony. On that occasion, during the ceremony in Jakarta, World Human Rights Awards will give awards to all attending winners.
Please read this below TERMS & CONDITIONS carefully before you submit.
This agreement pertains to all Work/s submitted to World Human Rights Awards:
Be it known to any filmmaker or submitter, by submitting your film/s) to the World Human Rights Awards, you are agreeing to all TERMS AND CONDITIONS below in full.
Submitters can submit themself, or people you know, living or dead. CV and other supported documentation or related information like photos, clipping, or films are suggested. Our juries may also search information from other sources once we accept the submission.
1. The submitter guarantees that all rights and releases has been legally secured, including music rights, songs, etc. and the submitter releases the Festival and all its member from any legal action whatsoever.
2. A) If nominated, 2 DVD PAL (required) and 1 blu-ray (optional) or DCP (optional), must be sent. Mark case and DVD, with title, length, and director's name. Please mark your film with "No Commercial Value - For Cultural Purposes Only" either on the envelope and the shipping invoices.
B) Please send the DVDs/Blu-ray/DCP mentioned in point 2A through courier, or post, or Digital Transfer Service. We do not accept data for final judging and screening.
C) Although every possible care will be taken with DVDs while in our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for unforeseen loss, stolen, or damage of entries. Please do not send originals. We do not receive downloads of any kind.
3. All transportation/shipping costs (including customs clearance), plus fees for insurance while in transit, must be borne by the participants (please write: For Cultural Purposes only - Not for commercial use). The Festival Director reserves the right to refuse any shipment involving unpaid costs.
4. All submissions should be sent pre-paid.
5. We will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
6. All submission fees are non-refundable.
7. All selection committees' and juries' decisions are finals.
8. Only producers or directors can receive the physical awards at the award ceremony.
9. Regardless of the Prize and their winning status, winning filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony in Jakarta, will only receive laurels.
10. The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for any reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
11. Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material not be used for such purposes after the Festival.
12. We do not pay any screening fees. Not all winning films will be screened. The festival has the full right to select the winning films to be screened.
13. The Festival Directorate may deny participation to any film unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
14. The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes in the profile of the Festival, if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
15. All filmmakers/submitter(s) are expected to keep communications with the Festival professional and in good taste. Failure to do so may result in disqualification at any point in the adjudication process, including the nullification of Official Selection status or nominations. That stated, the Festival will only communicate with the person who submitted his/her film to the festival, and that Festival should not be expected to communicate with any other persons.
16. The festival has the right to work with any institution and partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint events or promotions.
17. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
18. The submitter/filmmaker also acknowledges that remediation of any sort will be limited to a refund of their submission fees.
19. Films could be from any year.
20. Student submitter should be able to show his/her valid Education institution student identity document/card upon request by the Festival. Failure to do so will lead to disqualification, and the Festival will have no obligation to refund the submission fee.
21. All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the World Human Rights Awards shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts in North Jakarta. Any dispute arising as a result of submission to the Festival will have a recourse limited to the lesser of either the submission fee paid, or the cost of correcting the issue.
By submitting to our Festival, submitters/filmmakers:
- indicate that they have read, understand, agree with, and will comply all of the Terms and Condition above, and accept all of the terms and conditions herein, in their entirety, without modification.
- agree to indemnify us and hold us and our employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry to the Festival.