World Cinema Prize (WCP) is looking for short and feature documentary and narrative films, made with nurtured ambition, carrying originality voice and strong message, shaped and produced in high skill, and presented with an attractive technique. A story well-told, beautiful composition, integrity, well edited are qualities we are looking for in the works submitted.
The board of juries will use a quality time to judge each submission carefully and wisely. We are inviting all filmmakers around the world to stand out their films. All filmmakers, including students and newcomers, are encouraged to participate in the festival. All winners are welcomed at the Awards Event.
Show your outstanding film and documentary to the world. Score high, and give your film an international recognition it deserved!
Well-framed certificates and other physical awards according to their winning when attending the Awards Ceremony.
By submitting your work to the World Cinema Prize, submitters/filmmakers are agreed to all Terms and Conditions below in full:
Legally Secured Documentaries
1. Submitters/filmmakers must have explicit permission to use any copyrighted material in the film submitted and have all rights secured before submitting.
2. The competition is open to everyone. All filmmakers, students, newcomers are encouraged to submit.
3. We do not accept works-in-progress.
4. Non-English speaking documentary films are welcomed but must be dubbed in English or with English subtitles.
5. There is no limit date regarding completion date.
6. There is no premiere policy for films submitted.
7. Short film/documentary with distribution channel are accepted, but only for the competition.
8. If nominated, 2 DVD PAL (required) and 1 blu-ray (optional) or DCP (optional), must be sent. Mark case and DVD, with title, length, and director's name. Please mark your film with "No Commercial Value - For Cultural Purposes Only" either on the envelope and the shipping invoices. Submitted copies will not be returned.
9. A. Please send the DVDs/Blu-ray/DCP mentioned in point 8 through courier, or post, or Digital Transfer Service. We do not accept data for final judging and screening. We do not download.
B. Although every possible care will be taken with DVDs while in our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for unforeseen loss, stolen, or damage to entries. Please do not send originals. We do not receive downloads of any kind.
10. The festivals will give World Diamond Prize Award or World Platinum Prize Awards, or World Gold Prize Award, and Official Selection according to their winning.
11. World Cinema Prize will e-mail the submitters when the works are selected.
12. World Cinema Prize is scheduled to have its Awards Ceremony in September 2018. The Festival will email the Nominees directly about the location.
13. Films that have been accepted to the Festival cannot be withdrawn.
14. Regardless of the Prize and the winning status, winning filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony, will only receive laurels.
15. The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for any reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
16. Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material should not be used for such purposes after the Festival.
17. We do not pay any screening fees. Not all winning films will be screened. The festival has the full right to select the winning films to be screened.
18. The Organizer may deny participation in any film unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
19. The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes in the profile of the Festival if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
20. All filmmakers/submitters are expected to keep communications with the Festival/Organizer professional and in good taste. Failure to do so may result in disqualification at any point in the adjudication process, including the nullification of Official Selection status or nominations. That stated, the Festival will only communicate with the person who submitted his/her film to the festival, and that Festival should not be expected to communicate with any other persons.
21. The festival has the right to work with any institution and partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint events or promotions.
22. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
23. In the case of any dispute concerning the definition of the above eligibility, the interpretation of the Organizers shall be final and conclusive.
24. All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the World Cinema Prize shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts in North Jakarta. Any dispute arising as a result of submission to the Festival will have recourse limited to the lesser of either the submission fee paid or the cost of correcting the issue.
By submitting to the World Cinema Prize, submitter/filmmaker:
- indicates that they have read, understand, agree with, and will comply all of the Terms and Condition above, and accept all of the terms and conditions herein, in their entirety, without modification.
- agree to indemnify the Festival/Submitter and hold the Festival/Submitter and our employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry to the Festival.