A monthly online film festival held by Workshop 44 with a focus on Indie films with diversity. Workshop 44 is a 501(c)3 located in the California Central Valley with a commitment to advocacy, education, and the evolution of the performing arts world. The Workshop 44 Film Review accepts films from all around the world.
The Film Club Review is comprised of award winning filmmakers, armature filmmakers, and just film lovers giving your film/tv show a wide range of spectator opinions.
The officially selected projects in each month will receive a Golden Workshop 44 Film Club Review laurel.
All the Winners and Honorable Mentions will be listed on our website, and will be shared on our social media accounts.
Monthly Best Picture Winners in the Major Categories will be given the option to be interviewed live to promote your film on our social networks.
1. Only work created after 2010 is acceptable.
2. You agree to use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster/stills) for promotional purpose.
3. Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker and each entry may be entered in multiple categories.
4. Entry fees are non-refundable.
5. By submitting to the festival you confirm that you own the rights to the work submitted.
6. No short films longer than 40 minutes.
7. No Premiere status is required.
8. We do not accept extremist or propaganda content from religious or political organizations.
9. You agree to upload your film on our channels (only after your approval).
10. Films in languages other than English only be accepted with English subtitles.
11. You can add an "Additional Category" only after having choose a "Main Category" (like Best Short - Best Short Documentary - Best Student Short) first.
12. If you are in the monthly winners, you are nominated for annual winners.
13. Workshop 44 DOES NOT PAY SCREENING FEES.
All submissions will be viewed in their entirety. Submissions will be judged and scored based on criteria including: quality of screenplay, acting, production quality, originality, technical proficiency, cinematography, sound design, editing and set design. We support indie filmmaking and will award additional points to shorts produced on a micro budget and/or minimal crew. All monthly winners will compete for the Workshop 44 annual awards.
The directors of submitted films that are accepted will be notified via email and through Filmfreeway.
We work hard to keep our submission fees as low as possible – consequently we cannot provide fee waivers.