CineCause is a global resource for social impact filmmakers and the Women's Initiative is our first targeted social impact fund. We define social impact as creation with the intent to cause positive social change.
We believe It's been time to shake up the gender equity gap in the entertainment industry! Our goal is to provide real support for women producers, directors, and content creators in the social impact space.
We're holding our first "Women's Initiative Intensive" the day before this year's 18th annual Hollywood Film Festival. The Intensive is an all day event taking place on October 15th from 9-4 at the Redbury Hotel in Hollywood.
Project proposals can be in any of the following categories. We're looking for projects that are ready to shoot but don't have enough funding. Ideally, a director and producer would be attached to the project:
• Feature Documentaries
• Feature Narratives
• Web Series
Up to twenty-five social impact women filmmakers will be selected to attend the free all day event, which will consist of workshops, dialogue, skill-building sessions, and project pitches between women industry professionals. At the end of the day, five women's projects will be awarded funding.
1) You will first need to sign up for a FilmFreeway account if you do not already have one. Click "Sign up" in the top right hand corner of this page.
2) Once you've signed up, you will be taken to your account. Click "Add a Project" and fill out the form.
3) Attach the materials you'd like to submit (screenplay or video).
4) Save the Project.
5) Now navigate back to this page (CineCause Women's Initiative page) and click the green "Submit Now" button.
6) Follow the instructions to submit your project, pay the submission fee and click "Save Submission".
7) You'll get a confirmation that your submission has been received. Thank you! We will be in touch on September 15th to let you know whether or not you're invited to the Initiative.
All chosen attendees will be provided with a Women's Initiative Pass to the Hollywood Film Festival, which will include access to select screenings, along with admission to all festival events and receptions. Read more about the festival here: http://www.hollywoodfilmfestival.com/
Our goal is to provide five women filmmakers access to funding and distribution opportunities. This will include an opportunity during the Hollywood Film Festival to participate in a pitch session to financiers and distributors who are aligned with our commitment to narrow the gender gap in entertainment.
Women’s Initiative ® Online Submission Requirements:
• There must be a female writer, producer or director attached to the project
• Only US submissions accepted
• Budget of project must be under one million dollars
• Submission fees are non-refundable