In celebration and recognition of Women and Hollywood's 10th anniversary, we will conduct a short film contest for first-time female filmmakers.
The objective of the contest is to give female directors the opportunities to have their work featured on a large digital platform and event.
There will be two winners as well as several runners up.
Winners will each get $300.
Runners up will all receive $100.
All the winners and the runners up will have their shorts shown at the Women and Hollywood events in NY, LA and London.
- Filmmaker must be at least 18.
- Director must be self-identified as a woman.
- Only female directors can be credited on the film; no male co-directors.
- All entries must be a digital copy.
- Only one entry per filmmaker.
-The length should not exceed 15 minutes
- Films can be narratives or documentaries.
- Filmmaker cannot have been employed or made money as a director (in TV or film).
- Films can have been shown publicly at a festival where the filmmaker was not paid.
- Films will be judged for quality and potential in combination with a compelling narrative.
- Content should emulate the Women and Hollywood mission.
- Women on the crew is a plus.
- The project can also be a series.
- Submissions must be received by deadline July 16th, 2017
There is no entry fee.
No copyrighted materials (music, images, etc.) may be used for this unless you own the copyright or have a license to use the material for this contest. Written permission must be obtained and provided upon request for all copyrighted materials.
All portions of the online entry form must be completed when you upload your video for it to be eligible.
Content must comply with all local and national laws of the country of origin and the United States. Content must not 1) promote illegal behavior; 2) support racial, religious, sexual or other invidious prejudice; 3) advocate sexual or violent exploitation; 4) violate rights established by law or agreement; 5) invade the privacy of any person; or 6) be otherwise inappropriate as determined by Women and Hollywood in its sole and conclusive determination.
The judges’ decision is final.
The only compensation for submitting a video is the opportunity to be awarded a prize if the entry wins. Women and Hollywood will pay filmmakers no additional compensation nor be liable to the filmmaker under any circumstances.
Ownership of the underlying intellectual property of the project remains with the entrant, with the following exceptions:
Entrants grant Women and Hollywood the right to use their names, photographs, statements, quotes, testimonials, and video submissions for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes without notification or further compensation.
Entrants also grant Women and Hollywood the right to use, reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, and/or display the entrant’s project video without further compensation or notification to the entrant.
Women and Hollywood maintains the right to reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, display, or exhibit the project for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes on their website, at conferences, or at any other venues.