Wollongong Film festival is about celebrating Women in Film both on and off the screen with all proceeds going to One Girl www.onegirl.org.au and giving a voice to Women Filmmakers and their stories.
Wollongong Film Festival offers established and emerging Filmmakers an opportunity to showcase their various talents by accepting all film genres as long as a woman is in two of the following key positions on the film: Director, Producer, Writer, Lead female Protagonist, Cinematographer, Editor, or Composer.
In 2019 we will be introducing:
- A filmmaker skills workshop with local filmmakers
- A 48 hr film challenge that can be incorporated with the skills workshop
- An SVOD service opportunity for Filmmakers that enter the festival
- Cash prizes for the three Award categories
Wollongong Film Festival will be awarding prizes in the following categories:
Best Short Film
Most Empowering Female
Audience Choice Award
Select only Short Film and your film will be placed into any other categories it qualifies for by Wollongong Film Festival
• In order to qualify for entry, a female must fill AT LEAST TWO of the following key positions on the film:
Director, Producer, Writer, Lead female Protagonist, Cinematographer, Editor, or Composer.
• Wollongong Film Festival accepts online screeners for submission purposes. Entries should be submitted by secure password-protected internet link to the work on Vimeo.com or YouTube.com. The link must not be visible to the public.
• The filmmaker(s) must secure all rights, licenses, clearances, and releases necessary for the exhibition.
• There are no refunds of entry fees unless the festival has be cancelled.
• All entry materials become the property of the Wollongong Film Festival for the duration of the festival and will not be returned.
• After you submit your work for review online, the link and password must not expire until after you are notified of the jury panel's selections.
• If entering as a student, a current student ID/enrolment must be supplied via email.
• Works in progress will not be considered for competition or screened at the film festival.
• Complete film submission information online via FilmFreeway
• Foreign language work must be dubbed or subtitled in English.
• Please, do not send elaborate presentation materials, press kits, binders, etc. with your entry, if selected, you have one week from the notification date to supply a press kit with at least two images and the film projection file.
• All that is necessary for submission is a synopsis or contextual statement about your work. These are the only items that the programmers will see when they evaluate your submission.
• If you are living/working in a part of the world where an entry fee would prohibit you from submitting your film, contact us at WFF@giafrino.com to request a fee waiver.
• The festival selection committee makes all programming decisions. If accepted, we will notify filmmakers via FilmFreeway.
• Films not selected will receive notification via FilmFreeway.
• Be sure to notify us of any other special screening/presentation information we might need to know; this is required no later than one week from selection notification.
• If selected and we do not receive your film projection file and images within the one-week deadline, your film will be removed from the festival, unless we have been contacted and have agreed to an extension.
• You may be requested to supply a DCP file, depending on the venue the selected film will be screened
• Acceptable formats: .MOV file - [Apple ProRes 422HQ 1920×1080 = 1080p] or .MP4 – [H.264 (MPEG-4) 1920x1080], contact us if alternative is needed.
• Films must have been made after the 1st of July 2017
Please select only ONE category for your entry when completing your entry form, and we will enter your film into any other valid category.
Although the art of filmmaking is not competitive, Wollongong Film Festival will select a winner from each category listed. Best Short Film, Most Empowering Female, and Audience Choice Award.
Before entering you agree you have carefully read and understood the complete rules of the festival. You attest that you hold the exhibition rights to the film/video being entered. If accepted, you grant permission to Wollongong Film Festival to show your film/video and to use it for promotional purposes for the festival.