The Wildcat Film Festival provides an opportunity for high school students to show their talent in story telling and video creation. This annual festival, sponsored by Weber State University, showcases student-created videos in multiple categories and awards prizes to the winners!
This competition is open to High School students in Weber, Cache, Davis and Morgan counties in Utah. There are no entry fees this year! Send us your best work!
Best Music Video
We offer a wide variety of awards through our sponsoring companies. Winning entries will be screened in late April along side the WSU Digital Media Film Showcase in the Wildcat Theatre and the Best of Show will have the opportunity to be part of the screenings shown at the Ogden Film Festival in early June.
1) Films must have been filmed, wrapped, edited, and completed between the months of January 2017 and March 31, 2018 by Utah HIGH SCHOOL students.
2) Films must have been directed, written, and edited by Utah High School students. Entries are allowed from students attending High School in Morgan, Weber, Cache or Davis counties. Films by high school seniors spring semester 2017 are eligible only if the films were completed prior to college enrollment.
3) Submissions accepted via Filmfreeway. Films should be the highest HD quality you can provide. If a lesser quality file is submitted and you are selected, we will require you to send a higher quality version prior to the festival.
4) Must be submitted by March 31, 2018
5) By submitting a film to the Wildcat Film Festival, filmmakers affirm that they have cleared all rights to materials within their films including but not limited to music rights, actors releases, etc.
-There is no restriction to the subject of the film, but it should fit within the guidelines of the “PG-13” rating system.
-All scripts must be original creations unless written permission from the author of the source material can be provided.
-All other creative elements such as music, photography, and artwork must be either original or written permission of use must be provided from the owner/creator of the work.
-Stock music must have proper credit given to the artist.
-You will receive a confirmation email once your project has been submitted. Notifications of acceptance/non-acceptance will be sent by April 10th, 2018