The Wildcat Film Festival provides an opportunity for high school and College students to show their talent in storytelling and video creation. This annual festival, sponsored by Weber State University, showcases student-created videos in multiple categories and awards prizes to the winners!
The high school competition is open to High School Filmmakers in Weber, Cache, Davis and Morgan counties in Utah as well as any College Film Makers in Utah. There are no entry fees this year for High Schoolers. College level entry is $50.
This year, we're asking filmmakers to create a 5-7 film between now and our March 27th deadline. Please see the rules and terms for more information about the films.
Films will screen on April 3rd at 6pm on the Weber State University Campus in the Wildcat Theater.
**NOTE: when registering, fill in the form as much as you can at the moment, TBA etc. Then upload the film when ready to submit and complete the form**
*Weber State Students are ineligible to enter the Film Festival Competition but are encouraged to enter the Weber State Student Showcase portion, please email those submissions to email@example.com.
The best of show for the college and high school competition will receive a cash prize.
We offer a wide variety of awards through our sponsoring companies. Winning entries will be screened in April along side the WSU Digital Media Film Showcase in the Wildcat Theatre.
1) Films must have been filmed, wrapped, edited, and completed between the months of January 2020 and March 13, 2020.
2) Films can be from any genre but must contain a required PROP and LINE. The prop and line can happen anywhere in the film and do not have to be shown and said within the same scene.
REQUIRED PROP: SLICE OF PIZZA
REQUIRED LINE: "YOU SHOULD BE DISAPPOINTED"
3) Submissions accepted via FilmFreeway. Films should be the highest HD quality you can provide. If a lesser quality file is submitted and you are selected, we will require you to send a higher quality version prior to the festival.
4) Must be submitted by March 20, 2020.
5) By submitting a film to the Wildcat Film Festival, filmmakers affirm that they have cleared all rights to materials within their films including but not limited to music rights, actors releases, etc.
-All scripts must be original creations unless written permission from the author of the source material can be provided.
-All other creative elements such as music, photography, and artwork must be either original or written permission of use must be provided from the owner/creator of the work.
-Stock music must have proper credit given to the artist.
-A copy of student ID or signature of teacher or mentor may be asked at any time to verify eligibility.
-You will receive a confirmation email once your project has been submitted. Notifications of acceptance/non-acceptance will be sent by March 27, 2020.