We are excited to announce a call for entries for the second annual WildDogs International Screendance Festival.
W&M Dance Projects proudly presents WildDogs, a hybrid festival of international screendance works, presented virtually (online) and in Calgary, Alberta, Canada on September 18th and 19th, 2021. We invite dance, movement, image, and video artists to submit their dance films until July 18th, 2021.
WildDogs calls upon artists of all levels, ages, and genres to apply and encourages the representation of all movement forms from across the globe. WildDogs pays screening fees to all selected filmmakers.
WildDogs is committed to dance on film as an independent art form. Screendance expands the possibilities of movement expression through a collaboration between two niche artistic mediums. WildDogs builds an audience for new and established screendance artists and encourages dialogue within the international Screendance community.
WildDogs’ Artistic/Executive Directors are Melissa Monteros and Wojciech Mochniej, W&M’s original co-founders and dance-filmmakers themselves. Artistic Associates in this endeavor are emerging artists Zoe Abrigo and Tessa Leier.
All applicants must apply on www.filmfreeway.com/wilddogs by July 18th, 2021.
Selected applicants will receive a screening fee and honourable mention from WildDogs. The top three films will receive an award.
1. Submitted films in the Screendance Short category must be between 5 to 13 minutes in length and must be a movement-based film of any style. Screendances less than 5 or more than 13 minutes should submit in "Special Submissions"
2. Films must have a production date of 2017 or later for consideration.
3. Films cannot be streamed on the internet or an open source for 30 days before the festival and 30 days after the festival. Festival screenings are an exception.
4. WildDogs only accepts submissions through Vimeo, YouTube or an online link that is NOT visible to the public. A secure password protected link may be used. All video links must be downloadable upon acceptance into WildDogs 2021.
5. Applicants must include a written synopsis of the film, short biography of the artist(s) or company, and an artistic statement via FilmFreeway. The applicant should provide WildDogs with press materials (images, trailers, bio, etc.) as stated in the release section. All images must include a credit; due to copyrights we will not be able to use your images without a credit.
6. Student applicants must submit a valid student ID or proof of enrollment at the time the film was made with their submission.
7. For live screening, the applicant must provide a HD digital file, which is a minimum of 1920x1080.
8. Applicants must adhere to the release statement and ensure all copyright and all other legal rights are obtained as well as clearance from any and all actual or potential Third Party Claims
9. Once submitted, a film cannot be withdrawn without special exception, and the application fee may not be refunded.