Webfest Berlin is the first international festival in Germany dedicated to presenting, recognizing and advancing short form digital series from around the world. The fourth edition of Webfest Berlin will take place on September 7 & 8, 2018.
Over 2 days, attendees gain exposure to some of the most innovative story-telling techniques, market trends, and newest production technologies. Webfest Berlin provides a warm and genuine atmosphere which puts industry experts, talented creators, producers, and buyers all on the same playing field. Attendees leave our magical city inspired, educated, and full of new friends, collaborators, and potential clients. The festivities culminate in the announcement of the winners of the 2018 Webfest Berlin Awards at the Awards Ceremony on Saturday, September 8.
This year’s theme is #WFBLEVELUP. Over the last four years, we've witnessed a dramatic increase in the number and quality of digital short form series. Thus, in order to stand out from the crowd, you've got to take things to the next level. From branded series, to gaming, to script writing, and market trends, we'll discuss a variety of strategies for broadcasters, producers, distributors, and brands to #WFBLEVELUP for success in 2018.
As in the past, EVERY WEBFEST BERLIN SUBMISSION (INCLUDING FIRST LOOK CATEGORY) WILL RECEIVE A BASIC LISTING IN THE WEBFEST BERLIN CATALOG. FIND OUT MORE HERE: http://www.webfest.berlin/catalog/
Find out more about the opportunities that Webfest Berlin offers at www.webfest.berlin
Grand Prize Winner
Best Branded Series
Best German Series
HG Distribution Best Pilot Award - Winner will receive €2000 care of HG Distribution
Best Berlin Selection
Best Returning Series Selection
What's Next: Writer
What's Next: Director
What's Next: Producer
- Submissions are accepted through FilmFreeway only.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Applicant can submit more than one series to the festival.
- Each submission requires an entry fee.
- Content submitter must be 18 years of age or older.
- Submissions must be the intellectual property of the submitter, and/or their team. No proxy submissions.
- All series are eligible to submit regardless of production date.
- Submission must have at least TWO (2) produced episodes available to view at time of entry - EXCEPT FOR PILOT AND FIRST LOOK CATEGORY SUBMISSIONS
- Episodes cannot exceed 20 minutes in length. Series with individual episodes exceeding 20 minutes in length are welcome to submit a shortened version(s) of an episode(s) for the purpose of entering into the festival.
- Please choose the genre that best represents your series even if your series can be classified under more than one category.
- Duplicate submissions under a different category are allowed, but a separate submission form and payment must be made.
- Previous Webfest Berlin Official Selections must submit a minimum of 2 episodes from a new season of the project to be eligible for consideration.
- Entries that are not in English must be dubbed in English or have English subtitles for at least 2 episodes.
- By submitting to Webfest Berlin, you confirm that you hold the rights to (or are authorized to use) any and all audio and video in your web series.
- Webfest Berlin will not be held responsible for any claims stemming from the failure of the creator/submitter to properly obtain the rights to material submit and/or screened.
- All Decisions made by Webfest Berlin are final.
- All federal and state laws apply.
- By participating in the Webfest Berlin, each participant agrees to hold Webfest berlin and its employees, directors and representatives harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the event or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize.
- You grant Webfest Berlin the right to use the name, logo and content of your web series for awards presentations, highlight reels, and promotional material.
- Webfest Berlin reserves the right to amend guidelines, selection criteria, awards, screening, and activities if necessary.