Call for entries
18th edition of WE CARE Film Fest on disability issues (email@example.com)
Deadline: 15 October2021
Sub: Submit your film on disability issues
Dear Madam/ Sir,
Building on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD) and its unique mandate on education, science, culture, communication and information within the United Nations system, BROTHERHOOD in close cooperation with UN Information Centre for India and Bhutan, UNESCO, National Trust (Statutory body of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment) and Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication hereby announces the 18th global edition of the WE CARE Film Fest from 3 to 10 December 2021.
The WE CARE Film Fest is held annually to raise awareness about disability issues, dispel misconceptions and prejudices about persons with disabilities and drive attitudinal and behavioural change. Since 2003, it has traveled to over 19a venues in India and abroad. This year, the selected short films and documentaries will also be screened in France, Iran, Oman and UAE.
On behalf of the organizers, we hereby invite you to submit your short films/ documentaries/feature films (within four categories: up to 5, 30, 60 and 120 minutes) to the Film Fest. A preview committee will select the final films to be screened. The deadline for receiving entries is 15 October 2021.
The organizers encourage all filmmakers to produce audio-visual content which complies with all accessibility standards and guidelines. To be considered for screening at the 18th edition of the Film Festival all films should contain captions and subtitles in English.
For further information and full guidelines, please refer to the enclosed WE CARE Film Fest documents:
• Submission Requirements
• Entry Form
• Undertaking by the Filmmaker
Awards and prizes will be announced in due course.
• Films will be selected for the 18th Edition of the We Care film festival by a specially constituted jury / film festival Committee. All filmmakers will be notified of acceptance via e-mail by the dates of notification mentioned above. If the ownership of a work is transferred to a successor after the selection has been made, the successor’s permission for the film to take part in the competition must be conveyed to the festival.
• Forwarding expenses incurred are to be paid by the film producers / directors. Expenses for the return of films are paid by the organizers of the film festival.
• The attendance of the filmmakers at the Festival is not mandatory, but we would be happy to welcome you at the festival and will offer free festival passes to all filmmakers with films in competition
• The Founder Director of the film festival shall have the final say on all issues pertaining to the festival. Decisions on the prizes awarded shall be final. Any disputes shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Delhi courts.
A press kit is required along with the completed entry form, which must include:
• Still photos from the film (Digital)
• Photo of the director (Digital)
• Profile and filmography of the director
• One-sheet art (posters): Two
• Press clippings, if any
• Film synopsis (100 words) and all printed materials pertaining to the film
• Two screener copies: Online format / DVD or CD (PAL /NTSC format)