Our flagship event is our annual Women's History Month film festival, which allows us to showcase and honor the work of established and emerging independent filmmakers who are predominately women, that tell women's stories of faith, courage, hope, determination and fortitude. We also sponsor screenings of independent films of social relevance throughout the year. For "We Do What We Do Because," our 2020 film festival we are especially interested in films that explore the cause and effect of women's issues. We welcome creative, experimental and fresh approaches to story telling, looking to include stories of contemporary issues including migration, human sexuality, child marriage, violence against women and achievement, as well as narratives that tell fresh stories of relationships, self image and resilience. Our criteria is flexible, so please submit your work!
1. All submissions are to be made online. A link to the film must be included in the festival submission. If your film is accepted into the festival, a final version of film must be submitted to WIM-N in digital format.
2.All entries must be about women and should be directed or co-directed by a woman.
3.If your film is selected, the production’s title must be on each USB Drive, if submitted in that format .
4.All entries must contain the original work of the entrant. All music in videos must not violate any music or lyric copyright.
5.WIM-N is not responsible for items that are lost in USPS or other delivery services. You are encouraged to secure delivery confirmation to ensure receipt of your submission.
6.Shipping: The cost of shipping an entry to the Festival must be paid by the entrant. Collect or COD shipments will not be accepted. All international entries must be sent “free domicile” with all transportation charges, duties, and taxes prepaid by the shipper.
7.Only complete entries (including entry form, payment, and link to the screener) will be processed.
8.All entry fees are non-refundable.
9.WIM-N does not endorse any entry and expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with all entries.
10.WIM-N does not permit or condone copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights and will remove any entry in violation of copyright protections if properly notified that an entry infringes on another's intellectual property rights.
11.The entrant assumes sole responsibility for the material contained in the entry and for the consequences of entering it to the festival.
12.WIM-N is not liable for any disputes between collaborators related to an entry.
13.Contestants retain ownership of their Entries. By submitting an entry to the contest, entrants grant WIM-N a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the entries in any media formats and through any media channels in connection with the festival and in connection with the business of the WIM-N. Entries may be used by WIM-N for promotional purposes.
14.We reserve the right at our discretion to extend any submission period and any such extension shall be specified on the Beneath the Earth website.
15.WIM-N will inform you by e-mail whether or not Your Submission has been accepted as a Festival Entry. Your Submission will cease to be a Festival Entry if You are subsequently disqualified in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
16.The decision of whether or not to accept a Submission as an entry into the Festival lies solely with WIM-N who may reject or accept a Submission in its sole discretion.
17.Your submission must not contain any material which in the sole opinion of WIM-N is pornographic or obscene.
Terms and Conditions
Be it known to any filmmaker (owner), by submitting your film(s) to the WIM-N, you are agreeing to all terms and conditions herein contained. this agreement pertains to all work(s) submitted to WIM-N's Women's History Month film festival.
1. I am duly authorized to submit this film to the WIM-N's Women's History Month Film Festival without the consent of any third party (or, if the consent of other parties is required, all of them are also signing this Agreement)
2.The duration of this agreement shall commence as of the date of submission by owner and terminate at the close of the 2020 festival or at such time that either party hereto provides the other party with a ninety (90) day written notice to terminate this agreement (the term).
3. In consideration of WIM-N's efforts to market, promote, and screen, owner hereby grants to the WIM-N the worldwide non-exclusive right and license to encode, store, perform, display, copy, transmit, broadcast, and market the work on the internet in part for non-commercial purposes (if accepted to the festival), or the work in its entirety for internal festival judging purposes only. Such rights to the work shall cover all territories throughout the world. In addition, work(s) submitted to WIM-N on physical media, such videotape or diskette will not be returned and will become the property of the WIM-N and may be discarded without notice. WIM-N shall also have the right to screen the work on the internet in part for non-commercial purposes, or the work in its entirety for internal festival judging or promotional purposes only at WIM-N's sole discretion. WIM-N or its designee can screen the work during the festival, or beforehand for internal judging purposes.
4. Owner shall provide WIM-N with the work to be encoded, transmitted and distributed by WIM-N as provided herein in DVD format or other digital format.
5. Owner gives WIM-N a non-exclusive, world-wide, royalty free promotional license to use excerpts of owner's work and biographical information for advertising or promotional purposes, including, without limitation, the right of public display, public performance, non-commercial reproduction, and non-commercial distribution on any t film festival internet site as well as in offline materials such as posters. in the event that owner's excerpts have been incorporated into WIM-N's advertising or promotional materials prior to receipt of your revocation notice, then WIM-N's promotional license shall be deemed to be non-revocable for a period of six (6) months from the date that WIM-N receives your revocation notice.
6. Owner hereby represents and warrants that owner has the sole and entire right, power and authority to enter into this agreement, to grant the rights granted to WIM-N, and owner that has not made and shall not make any grant which will or might impair, encumber or conflict with any of the rights granted to WIM-N. In addition, owner hereby represents and warrants that any of the rights granted to WIM-N herein shall not defame or disparage any person or entity or infringe upon or violate the rights or privacy, publicity, copyright, trademark, or any other statutory or common law right of any kind or nature whatsoever of any person or entity.
7. All of the following have been discharged or paid or will be discharged or paid by owner or persons other than WIM-N: a. all claims and rights of the copyright holders, if any, in literary, dramatic, musical or other material, including stories, plays, scripts, scenarios, themes, incidents, plots, characteristics, dialogue, music, words appearing, used or recorded in owner's work. b. all obligations, of any kind, including, without limitation, those with artists and personnel, relating to purchases, licenses, laboratory contracts, distribution, exhibition, performance or exploitation of owner's work. c. any payments required to be made to any performing rights society or to any-body or group representing authors, composers, musicians, artists, and other participants in the production of owner's work, publishers or other persons having legal or contractual rights of any kind to participate in the receipts of owner's work or to payments of any kind as a result of the distribution or exhibition of owner's work and any taxes thereon or on the payment thereof.
8. Owner shall execute such documents and do such other acts and deeds as may be required by WIM-N or its assignees or licensees to further evidence or effectuate its rights hereunder. if owner fails to do so, WIM-N may execute such documents as owner's attorney-in-fact, which appointment shall be irrevocable and coupled with an interest.
9. In the event of a breach of this agreement by WIM-n, owner shall not be entitled to rescind this agreement or any of the rights granted to WIM-N hereunder, nor shall owner be entitled to restrain, enjoin or otherwise impair the exploitation of any rights in the work, owner's sole and non-exclusive remedy being the right to pursue an action at law for damages.
10. Owner shall have no right to assign this agreement or any of owner's rights hereunder or to delegate any of owner's obligations. any purported assignment or delegation by owner shall be null and void. WIM-N shall have the right to assign any or all of its rights under this agreement; provided that WIM-N shall remain secondarily liable to owner.
11. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless WIM-N from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your violation of these Rules or Terms of Service; (ii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other proprietary right in connection with the festival, or (iii) any claim that your entry caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive indefinitely beyond the conclusion of the festival and your use of the festival's website. This matter hereof and may not be modified except by a writing signed by the parties hereto. if, for any reason, any provision of this agreement is adjudged to be unenforceable, such adjudication shall in no way affect any other provision of this agreement or the validity or enforce-ability of the remainder of this agreement and the affected provision shall be modified or curtailed to the minimum extent necessary to bring it into compliance with applicable law.