WA Unlocked is back in 2020 and has a lot in store this year!
Incorporating only WA productions, locations, music, food, beverages, and judges, we are ensuring a night of local fun and discovery. Filmmakers and audiences alike are given the opportunity to intertwine in a unique environment; reflective of the film festivals of old.
Screening short films, documentaries, animations, web series and music videos, you can be assured of a variety of amazing content.
- To be eligible for WA Unlocked, entries must be no more than 15 minutes in length.
- All productions screened at WA Unlocked 2020 must have been completed after December 31st, 2017, and must be in English or have English subtitles.
- All selected films must be available to screen on H.264.
- All entries must have been filmed in Western Australia OR have a film crew comprised of a minimum 50% Western Australian’s.
- Eligible entries must not have been submitted to WA Unlocked in any previous years (this must be the first time they are being entered).
- Entries may be currently available for public viewing.
For any questions re eligibility please email email@example.com
CATEGORIES OF NOMINATIONS:
Best Music Video,
Best Production Design,
Best Sound Design,
Best Actor (Female), and
Best Actor (Male).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
If your film is selected for shortlisting, you will be advised by the 31st of March, 2020. If your film is selected for the Official Screening, you will be advised by the of April 30, 2020. If selected for the Official Screening, we will then require all successful entries to complete an online acceptance form and deliver your film’s video file by the 6th of May, 2020.
WA Unlocked expects selected filmmakers to provide a digital file for screening quality as either a H.264 (Mp4) or .MOV.
Selected filmmakers will be required to have supporting promotional material, which includes: logline, short synopsis, key crew and cast names, and a poster.
*If you do not possess a poster, WA Unlocked can create one for you.
Rights Granted By The Producer
The Producer grants WA Unlocked the right to reproduce part of their film (maximum 1 min) for the purposes only of promoting the festival. This may be as part of a compilation; for exhibition by any means including theatrical screening, internet; for cable, satellite, microwave or by any medium not yet devised.
ENTERING A FILM IN THIS FESTIVAL IMPLIES THE ACCEPTANCE OF THESE REGULATIONS!