The Virtual Adventure Film Festival brings the spirit of adventure and the freedom of the great outdoors straight to your armchair.
We celebrate the extraordinary achievements of people as they search for adventure.
Through their life changing journeys, their stories of excitement and tales of endurance , we hope to inspire your love for the outdoors and ignite your own passion to explore.
Get outside - life is too short not to go on adventures.
If you have a story of adventure to tell, we want to hear from you! Our 2021 Film Competition is now open for entries.
This is the first year of our Festival and we can't wait to see what you have to share with us. Be part of this adventure from the outset. If your film is successful you will see your film on our Festival Programme and be in with a chance to win our Virtual Film Festival Audience award.
All Adventure films are welcome and we especially want to highlight Irish Adventure films.
Audience- Peoples Choice.
The Virtual Adventure Film Festival Rules & Terms-
1- The Virtual Adventure Film Festival accepts ONLY Adventure and Environmental/Outdoor Films.
2- The Producer grants the Virtual Adventure Film Festival the rights to:
(a) Exhibit the film online for the duration of the Festival, in a programmed session available ‘on-demand’ from the Virtual Adventure Film Festival website via the approved streaming platform.
(b) Use your images and video for our festival promotional purposes.
(c) Utilise a portion of the entered film for promotional purposes such as the trailer.
3. Entries must be accompanied by a minimum of 3 high-resolution promotional still photographs at 300dpi to be submitted electronically for each film. All images must be labeled with film title, location and photographer credit (or provided in a separate word document) and images must include rights to be used for film promotional purposes.
4. The Producer warrants to the Virtual Adventure Film Festival that they have obtained all the necessary permissions to enter this film and that the film does not infringe the rights, including copyright, of any third party. This includes use of music and literary material.
5. If your film is selected for the Festival, you will be sent an email confirmation by February 9th 2021.
6. If your film is selected as part of the 2021 Festival we’ll ask for a digital copy that we can download in the following format:
Video File Requirements: H.264 @ 1080p / 10Mbps - Recommend under 10GB (90 minute film is approximately 5GB). The file requirements for projecting in theaters is typically much higher than what is needed for streaming online.
Audio Channels: two-channel stereo with optional Matrix embedded surround (Pro Logic or similar). 5.1 audio is NOT accepted.
Closed Captions: .SRT or .VTT files
7. No film may be withdrawn from the festival program after its selection.
8. Submission fees are non refundable
9. Entries must be in English or subtitled in English
10. We only accept Film Submissions via FilmFreeway