The Vincenza's Angels Screenwriting Contest & Charity Fundraiser, hosted by VA Entertainment Inc., provides an opportunity for emerging screen writers to develop their work while raising money for a worthy cause. It is founded in loving memory of Vincenza DeMichina, a fiercely loving and tenacious woman far ahead of her time. Vincenza’s passion, fearlessness, and love of the performing arts inspired her children and grandchildren to pursue their dreams. VA Entertainment Inc., is proud to host this fundraiser in her honour. 100% of the profits go to a registered charity.
We invite emerging writers to submit a short screenplay inspired by our theme. For our inaugural year our theme is "The Heart," and our charity of choice is The Heart & Stroke Foundation. How writers choose to use this theme is open to their artistic interpretation. Submissions should be 5-30 pages in length, and standard script format. The early bird submission fee is $10.00 available to all entries submitted prior to 11:59pm on July 15, 2018. Regular submissions are $15.00.
The winner will be announced on VA Entertainment Inc.’s social media platforms on September 4, 2018. To claim the $250.00 prize the winner must contact firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of the announcement or a new winner will be selected and the prize forefeited. The prize will be awarded via cheque after confirmation from the winning writer is received.
This year’s judges are Vittoria DeMichina- CEO/Founder of VA Entertainment Inc., Danielle Jeal - Performing Artist and Artistic Director of Exult Dance, and Nico McEown - Actor, Comedian and Writer. For more information on our judges visit www.vaentertainment.ca/vincenzasangels
Winner - $250.00 CAD
1. All entries must be submitted with a brief (no more than 200 words) cover letter detailing how this year’s theme applies to your screenplay. Cover letters must be included in the submission document. Entries with cover letters submitted as a separate document will be considered without the inclusion of the cover letter.
2. All scripts must clearly list any and all parties involved in the creation of the screenplay.
3. All entries must be unpublished and un-optioned at the time of submission and remain so until the end of the contest.
4. All entries must include the writer or writers’ full name and contact information (email, phone number, and address).
5. All entries must be solely the intellectual property of the submitter.
6. Scripts must be no less than 5 pages and no longer than 30 pages.
7. All entries must be submitted in a professional format and follow up to date industry standards. Submissions that are not formatted correctly will not be considered.
8. Once a submission is received, there is no refund for writers who decide to remove their script from the running.
9. Writers must be over 18 years of age at the time of submission.
10. By submitting you claim to clearly understand the rules and requirements of the contest, and consent to participate according to the rules stated above. Rules are subject to change at any time without notice. Under no circumstances will entry fees be returned. All decisions made by the judges are final.
Note: At this time we are unable to offer charitable tax receipts. The amount of funds raised and donated to this year’s charity of choice will be publicly announced on VA Entertainment Inc.’s social media platforms at the commencement of the competition (September 4, 2018).