We would like to thank to all the artists who participated in the selection for Video Art Event, the 9th edition, Interface, 2018, Oradea, Romania. Unfortunately we had to refuse a large number of great applications since in the contest were very many videos.
Video Art Event-Team chose the video that best fits the concept published on our website.
The Video Art Event Team.
Basic Bruegel (Valerie LeBlanc and Daniel H. Dugas), Dreams, 05:58, Canada;
Blas Payri, Three glances at Bacome, 04:40, Spain;
Ceri Thomas-Davies, Our job, 03:36, United Kingdom;
Christian Merrill, Collapse, Replace, Rebuild, 01:21, United States;
Damon Mohl, Night Clerk, 01:35, United States;
Daniel Hartlaub, Point Blank, 04:31, Germany;
David Bickley, Materials, 15:00, Ireland;
David Webber, Letter I, 02:01, United States;
Eija Temisevä, And suddenly - you realize, 02:32, Finland;
Guillaume Marin, Bleeding and burning, 02:36, Canada;
Guli Silberstein, Impressure, 04:34, United Kingdom;
Horst Bilek, Kraniophilia, 13:57, Austria;
Jenny Herrick, Duel, 05:00, United States;
Jorge Mario Zuleta, Penelope visits Megalopolis, 01:15, Costa Rica;
Juan Carlos García-Sampedro Ferrero, I have come, 04:45, Spain.
Juliane Saul, Regression, 02:50, Germany;
Kai Welf Hoyme, Skeleton, 04:34, Germany;
Kimberly Burleigh, Peripherym 04:53, United States;
Knut Hybinette, 8000 People, 01:27, United States;
Kostas Makrinos, Self-portrait, 02:00, Greece;
Kristina Tokar, After if, We were Mermaids, 02:24, United States;
M. Dianela Torres, Uno no es tan débil como para sucumbir ante situaciones así, 04:36, Mexico;
M. Kardinal, Silencers, 04:57, Germany;
Marcela Alcalde, Audacia del Tiempo, 03:07, Argentina;
Mark Freeman, Body/Bag, 02:45, United States;
Michael Lyons, Film Loop 31: Shisendo, 01:30, Canada/U.K.;
Nataša Stearns, Untitled (Torso), 03:35, United States;
Oguzhan Kaya, Propaganda, 03:20, Turkey;
Pierre Ajavon, Full Moon, 02:40, France;
Pierre Villemin, Glacies, 08:00, France;
Rafel Arnal, Ferran, 03:07, Spain;
Robert Sirvent, Dynamic within static (Dinámico en estático), 03:07, Spain;
Rodrigo Faustini, Boy transcoded from phosphene, 02:07, Brazil;
Romain Claris, Cousins of clouds, 01:00, France;
Sevcan Sönmez, I feel like, 03:26,Turkey;
Steven Fraser, What It Feels Like, 03:00, United Kingdom;
Theodora Prassa, Lavyrinthos, 02:45, Greece;
Vassilis Konstandopoulos, Aenigma, 10:18, Greece;
Vojtech Domlatil, Waves, 03:00, Czech Republic;
Yuliia Bondarenko, Labirinth, 01:38, Ukraine;
Zlatko Cosic, Story 2: Scenes 1-9, 05:00, Yugoslavia;
INTERFACE |Video Art Event, IXth edition will be presented from 05. 19-20 th, 2018 from 19-02 PM at the White Night of Museums in The Museum of “Ţǎrii Crişurilor“ in Oradea within “The days of Țării Crișurilor Muzeum“, organized by University of Oradea, Visual Arts Department, Romania and in June in Milano, Italy at visualcontainer.org, visualcontainer.tv, box Videoart Project Space Milano, dotbox.it. nd detailed informations.
– Deadline 30.04.2018
– Video will be done in the last two years
– Video will be single channel work
– The film should not exceed 5 minutes (no exceptions!)
– The artist or group may register up to 3 (three) work(s)
– We will up to 1 video from each artist.
– Authorisation form and Curriculum Vitae, completed and signed in original (AUTHORIZATION FORM is downloadable from our website)
– a summary of each film (SYNOPSIS), in English
– 3 frames (png or tif)
– Technical requirements: Full HD 1080p, format mp4, codec H264
– The selected works will be sent to our contact address (Gabriela Diana B. Gavrilas, Str, Milcovului, Nr: 6, Bloc: Pb 7, Ap 2, Zip code: 410 389, city: Oradea, Jud: Bihor, Country: Romania) and must be arrived untill 09.05.2018. The material will contain an envelope with atwo copies of DVD with all documents mentioned above together with the authorization form and the CV, both signed and printed in original.
– The materials that will not follow the rules and terms including image and sound and all the legal rights, will not be accepted.