About Vagabond Film Festival
Vagabond film festival is back in Milton Keynes this summer (30-31 July 2021) creating a fresh new platform for you to show your films in the very distinctive environment of Milton Keynes.
The festival will take place over two evenings in the wonderful outdoor setting of the 12th Street entertainment district in central Milton Keynes.
Best MK short film- made by filmmakers who are resident, work or who grew up in the city of Milton Keynes
Winners in the different categories will receive the coveted Vagabond Film Festival laurel and will be highlighted in press, web and social media.
RULES AND TERMS
1) Submission Eligibility:
Short films ideally should not have been released on publicly on Youtube prior to submission.
- Films completed within 36 months of Submissions opening are eligible for submission.
- Foreign language films should be subtitled in English (the costs of which are to be covered by the applicant)
- All rights, permissions and clearances must be obtained prior to submission and applicants must ensure that they have the right to submit the work with regard to third parties connected with the production of the film in question. By entering your work, you agree to the submission rules. Vagabond Film Festival , run by the registered charity in England & Wales: Independent Cinema Milton Keynes assumes no responsibility for violation of copyright law and submission fees will not be refunded.
2) Fees and waivers
- Vagabond Film Festival is operated by Independent Cinema Milton Keynes, registered charity no. 1149744. Your fee covers some of the administrative costs associated with managing submissions.
- Vagabond Film Festival is produced by Vagabond and has partnered with 12th Street for this summer's event.
- Please note that submission fees will not be refunded.
- All films must be submitted via a secure online screener through FilmFreeway
- Selection will be carried out by the Vagabond Film Festival programming team. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the selection process and the decision of the Festival Director is final. We do not to offer individual feedback or enter into any discussion about your work.
- All successful submissions will be notified by email by 23rd July. We will need to reach you around that date so that we can confirm your film's inclusion in the Festival programme.
- All successful submissions will be listed on our website when the full programme is announced.
- Please do send press materials with your submission.
- Please note that only successful applicants will be notified.
5) Festival Screenings and Scheduling
- All screenings during the Festival period will take place at the discretion of the Festival. We reserve the right to make changes to the advertised schedule at any time for any reason and will not accept liability for any costs incurred as a result of such changes.
- You must not withdraw your film from the Vagabond Film Festival programme after its selection/participation has been confirmed.
- The film must be available to screen in an electronic HD format (H.264 encoding).
- Vagabond Film Festival is not able to cover the costs of any format transfers or subtitling.
- The HD electronic file of selected films must be received by the Festival at least 1 week before the start of the Festival.