Urban Lens Film Festival | Bengaluru: 20 – 23 September 2018 | New Delhi: 16 – 18 November 2018
Cities have always been sites of socio-economic, political and cultural churning, and cinema has provided a space to understand and reflect upon these urban experiences. In keeping with its commitment to bringing out multiple, and sometimes contesting narratives that exist around the city, the Indian Institute for Human Settlements (IIHS) will host the 5th edition of the Urban Lens Film Festival in Bengaluru between 20th and 23rd September, 2018 and in New Delhi between 16th and 18th November, 2018 in association with the Goethe-Institut / Max Mueller Bhavan in both cities. As part of a travelling package, a selection of films will also be screened in Mumbai in association with the Godrej India Culture Lab. If your film speaks to the idea of the city and explores urban questions, please do send in your entry. Films of different genres are eligible to enter the festival – animation, non-fiction, short fiction/feature fiction, experimental and student films.
1) The film can be of any genre/country/year of production.
2) Participants may send multiple entries but separate entry forms are required for each entry.
3) Films made in languages other than English are required to be subtitled in English. Otherwise the submission will not be accepted.
4) Films that have been screened at past editions of the Urban Lens Film Festival and/or are already available online will not be considered for the festival.
5) The entry will be considered complete on receipt of both the entry form and the email with the publicity material.
1) All required permissions in relation to the film should be obtained before entering the work into the 5th Urban Lens film festival. IIHS shall not be liable for any copyright infringement or any third party actions/claims arising out of or in relation to the film or its screening. If a film is selected, the copyright holders of the film should permit free-of-cost public screening at the festival.
2) If the participant is not submitting an online link:
i) The preview screener should be an all-region DVD PAL.
ii) The cost of shipping the preview DVD to the festival must be borne by the participant.
iii) The package must be labelled ‘For cultural purposes only. No commercial value’.
iii) Films that are damaged or lost in transit are not the festival’s responsibility.
iv) The service provider and consignment tracking number must be sent to email@example.com with the film name in the subject line.
3) If the film is selected for Urban Lens Film Festival 2018, the participant will be notified via email.