The short film festival that gives back! Created by filmmakers, the Two Box Film Fest shares 40% of the profits with the selected filmmakers, and another 40% goes to charity!
The screening takes place on April 5th, 2020 at the historic Mayfair Theatre in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Audience members will enjoy some of the best short films from around the world, and there will be two boxes at the event for those wishing to donate further to either the filmmakers or the charity.
• Best film
• Audience choice award
• Best Director
• Best acting
• Best Ottawa Film
• Best story
• Best cinematography
• Biggest laugh
• Biggest scare
• Best technical
To submit a film, you must have created the project yourself, own the rights or have permission from the owner of the content to submit the film to us. Please read all the rules and requirements before submitting your project:
1. If your film is in a language other than English, then your film must include hard-coded English subtitles.
2. All submission fees are non-refundable.
3. Films that are not selected are ineligible for profit sharing.
4. Two Box Film Festival reserve the right to refuse to accept any submission deemed by the jury to be inappropriate.
5. We do not accept "work in progress" films. Please only send finished films.
6. Filmmakers may send in multiple short films, but each film requires its own entry fee.
7. No physical copies of films will be accepted (DVDs, Blu-Rays, tapes etc.). Filmmakers should submit a FilmFreeway online screener.
8. TwoBox Film Fest will not host films. Selected filmmakers will be responsible for digital delivery of their film (via FilmFreeway, DropBox, Google Drive, OneDrive, FTP, etc.), and all associated costs with the digital delivery.
9. Selected filmmakers grant us the authorization to show elements of the selected film for promotional purposes if required.
10. It is strongly recommended to send us films that are 10 minutes or shorter. However; we will accept and review films up to 20 minutes in length. Running time includes end credits.
11. Entrants will be notified of their submission’s selection status on or about March 15, 2020.
12. The selected filmmakers shall indemnify and hold harmless Two Box Film Fest from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, etc.