Welcome to our Second edition of the Trish International Film Festival. With films projecting over two days, the town of Kathmandu will be treated to a broad spectrum of film art and filmmakers from around the world.
Conducted under the aegis of Qrius Films, Filmy Sansaar and Films & TV World in conjunction with the Lakecity International Film Festival, Delhi and Everest International Film Festival, Siliguri, the members of the selection committee as well as the Jury consists of eminent film personalities, film makers and critics from across Bollywood and Global Cinema. The festival directorate spearheaded by Mohan Das supported by Sanjay Verma (Saajan) is dedicated to showcasing and promoting fine films from filmmakers across India, Nepal and internationally, thereby giving a major boost to the film festival movement in Nepal.
An inclusive and spirited festival designed to honor true film artists; Team Trish is all set to bring in celebrated juries consisting of several elite actors, eminent film makers and critics from India, Nepal and across the globe to judge the best films across all categories. Golden, Silver and Bronze trophies to the winners are part of the competition in categories like Best Feature Film, Best Documentary, Best Short Fiction, Best Animation film, etc. Besides, technical awards will also be given for Best Cinematography, Editing and Sound Design. Other highlights are the Special Jury award, Best Debut film award as well as Best Actor and Best Actress awards will also be given.
Apart from films in various competition categories, the directorate is also contemplating screening of best films produced in India and Nepal will be screened under special packages including retrospectives and best of festivals. Special packages like Iran, Azerbaijan, Russian and Turkish films, French short films, films from South East Asia are being organized.
We therefore invite you to participate in Trish International Film Festival in September 2020. Submit your film and be included in our diverse program, and also have a chance to win one of our many awards at TIFF - a collaborative platform for filmmakers that brings great talent together, and helps launch careers.
The following Awards are constituted in FOREIGN / INDIAN categories for Feature Films / Short Films / Documentary / Animation & Music Videos
BEST FEATURE FILM
BEST SHORT FILM
BEST CHILDREN FILM
BEST EXPERIMENTAL FILM
BEST FILM ON SOCIAL ISSUES
BEST ENVIRONMENTAL FILM
BEST DEBUTANTE DIRECTOR
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
BEST MUSIC DIRECTOR
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
BEST MUSIC VIDEO
BEST FILM - LOCAL TALENT
BEST VFX FILM
BEST PUBLIC SERVICE FILM
SPECIAL JURY MENTION CERTIFICATE
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR SUBMISSION & PARTICIPATION
The festival will not interact with anyone except the submitter and/ or the producer of the film. If any person - be it the actor, writer, director or anyone from the production crew tries to forcibly extract information about the status of the film from the festival authorities, the festival will have absolute rights to >>DISQUALIFY THE FILM<< from competition and/ or screening which you may kindly note. At the same time, the festival may take the decision to ban the production house completely from sending entries to the future editions of the festival.
Open to filmmakers worldwide, all genres and lengths depending on the categories mentioned.
- Filmmakers can submit more than one entry to the festival in any category.
- All films that are not in English must have English language subtitles.
- Each entry must be a separate submission which includes form and payment for each submission.
- To apply for special categories including Best Film / Best Director / Best Experimental film and the like, Filmmakers have to submit in the main category and only then you will be eligible for the special categories.
- Any entry that comes only in the Special categories will not be eligible unless you have sent your entry in the main category - Shorts / Features / Documentary
- The Festival reserves the right to determine eligibility of any work submitted.
- Entry fees are payable through FilmFreeway payment systems and are non-refundable.
- The decision of the Festival committee will be final and binding.