The 3rd Transparent Film Festival will take place live Friday and Saturday May 21st & 22nd. We do face significant obstacles however. In order to pull off essentially 2 festivals in 1, we are going to need your patience, understanding and cooperation during these trying times.
2020 filmmakers were shut out due to the global health crisis. We made a commitment to them to include the winners in our current festival. Accordingly, we will not be able to show all selected films. Those films we cannot show live we will show online on our website at http://transparentfilmfestival.com/.
If a filmmaker requests to know why they were accepted or rejected, it shouldn't be too hard to provide a reason. That is what makes us different than most festivals, and why our first year was a HUGE success. The past two seasons, we screened every frame of every film and returned our detailed notes. Please see our screening receipts at http://Facebook.com/transparentfilmfestival.
We're not a money making outfit with 38 categories, with ridiculous fees and monthly "film awards" that no one attends. We do this once a year and have a weekly cable show in Manhattan New York City every Friday night (see www.transparentfilmfestival.com), where we show clips from some of the best submissions. Our activity on Facebook speaks for itself.
Some important things you should know.
1. Due to the Coronavirus and ensuing shut down of NYC, we weren't allowed to hold a live event and held the festival online. It was a huge success. We hope to screen some of the winning selections from Transparent 2 at Transparent 3.
2. No one can "walk a friend's project in". Preference is not given to local filmmakers.
3. Your film will be watched, and the time your film was screened posted on Facebook at http://facebook.com/transparentfilmfestival. NO FORM LETTERS. Our ratings will be sent to every filmmaker. While we screened every frame of every film last season, we cannot guarantee to do so this year as we expect many times the amount of submissions. If your film holds our interest we will watch it until the end.
4. Films submitted by any friends, family members or acquaintances related to festival staff, and or judges will be referred to qualified judges without a conflict of interest.
Our goal is simply to find unknown filmmakers and help them get exposure. If we send a request for download it means we would like to spotlight a clip from your film on our cable show and possibly on our streaming channel.
Some of our celebrity judges have either an Emmy and/or a Grammy award or nomination. They will be given a small amount of films that make it through the initial screening process.
If you are tired of spending hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on submission fees, and never hearing why you’ve been rejected, please consider submitting to the first-ever Transparent Film Festival.
First Place and Runner Up Awards are presented for Best in Category (Feature, Short, TV Pilot, Horror, Documentary, Mobile and Performance Video), as well as awards for Best Director, Best Actor and Best Actress.
1) Winning filmmakers MUST BE IN ATTENDANCE in order for their films to screen live; and,
2) Category Winners DO NOT NEED TO BE IN ATTENDANCE to collect their award, but must record a brief acceptance speech to be shown to the audience.
We will provide a hi-res Laurels Image for ALL SELECTED FILMS upon request INCLUDING films selected but that are screened online.
PLEASE READ ALL RULES AND TERMS CAREFULLY PRIOR TO SUBMITTING YOUR FILM. BY SUBMITTING YOUR FILM TO THE TRANSPARENT FILM FESTIVAL, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO THE BELOW TERMS.
The 3rd Transparent Film Festival (“TFF”) will take in April 2021 in New York City at The Producers Club.
1. Submission Deadlines
Submissions will be accepted beginning May 1, 2020. The final deadline is Sunday March 14, 2021. Early entry is encouraged but in no way guarantees acceptance. Last season, literally the very first, AND very last submissions were selected.
2. Submission Format
Films must be submitted via online screener ONLY. We do not accept films sent over by DVD. If selected, you must provide a theatrical quality screener that is HD and 2K in size dimensions as we will be showing on a 2K projector. Anything less than HD at a minimum of 1920 x 1080 will not be screened.
IMPORTANT ITEM 1 - We will screen EVERY film. Due to the number of submissions we can no longer guarantee (as we did with the first two seasons), that we will watch every frame. We will provide our notes TO ALL FILMMAKERS along with our FilmFreeway Rating, and post a date stamped viewing receipt on our Facebook Page so you know when we viewed your submission.
IMPORTANT ITEM 2 - By approving our request for download, you consent to allowing us to promote your film. Please do not submit to our festival and make your film available for download if you are worried that a conflict will arise with other festivals. Our cable TV Show (audience reach of 620,000 people), in Manhattan NYC. Our streaming online has been gaining in popularity since launching last year. It will not affect your acceptance status. We own no rights to your film. We just just think it’s cool at a minimum and think people should see it.
3. Submission Eligibility
(A) All submissions must have been completed after 1 January 2019. Yes this is correct. We will watch films from last year.
(B) Do not submit if you have exclusive distribution already in place.
(C) Transparent Film Festival reserves the right to disqualify any film for any reason. For instance, nudity is fine, children appearing in a film naked is not material we are comfortable with receiving and/or reviewing. Violence, even graphic violence in a narrative context is fine. However video footage of someone being pummeled is not.
4. Premiere Status
- There is no premiere policy.
5. Submission Fee
All submissions for The Transparent Film Festival are to be paid through FilmFreeway platform. The submission fee is non-refundable.
6. Shipping - for selected films ONLY
If selected your MOV film can be sent on a thumb drive to:
Transparent Film Festival
c/o Palm Aisles Pictures
211 W. 56th St. - Suite 6B
New York, NY 10019
Via Google Drive Link to:
Please note that TFF will not accept Cash On Delivery shipments. TFF will not absorb any fees incurred in United States customs. All charges must be pre-paid.
8. Selection of Films
Every submission will be screened and reviewed under the following criteria, and given a score between 1 and 10 according to our customized rating system on FilmFreeway - which you will receive a copy of. Note we post all ratings on Facebook, not the reviews.
TFF will complete all selection procedures by March 14th, 2021, and inform all submitting parties, in writing, if their film has been successful or not after that time. Filmmakers whose submissions are accepted into the festival will be given two weeks to prepare, and will immediately receive information on how to make the most of participating in the Festival.
10. Festival Screenings
As selected films will be shown on 2K Projection Screen, selected films MUST provide an .MOV file that must be at least 1920 x 1080 HD quality. The film title and running time MUST be included in the file name. All foreign language films MUST contain English subtitles files.
Screenings are scheduled at the discretion of TFF. The festival organizers will make every effort to adhere to the published schedule, however, TFF reserves the right to make changes at any time for any reason. TFF will not be liable for any costs claimed as a result of a change in scheduling.
No film may be withdrawn from the festival after it is selected.
12. Preference for live screenings will be given to those filmmakers who are selected, actively promote their screening and commit to attending the festival. International Selections are screened online online UNLESS THEY ARE IN CONTENTION FOR A BEST IN CATEGORY AWARD.
RULES TO BE ADDED FOR TRANSPARENT 4
1. Film must have started production AFTER 2020 and be FULLY COMPLETED BY THE END OF THE SUBMISSION PERIOD.
2. Filmmakers, or their representatives, must be in attendance to receive a "BEST OF" festival award.
3. Each Director is given 2 complimentary tickets to the live screening of their film.
4. We reserve the right to disqualify any film and or filmmaker for any reason such as dishonesty, violating our terms and conditions, or for any reason whatsoever.
5. Filmmakers who Withdraw their film after receiving our notes will not receive a refund, and be banned from submitting to our festival in the future.