ABOUT THE TORONTO MOTORCYCLE FILM FESTIVAL
The Toronto Motorcycle Film Festival is a unique cultural event that brings people together to watch universal stories told through the lens of motorcycling. Now in its fourth year, the TMFF is the first and only Canadian film festival dedicated to screening movies focused on motorcycles and the incredible culture of motorcycling. Held over four days, the Festival screens documentary and narrative films and includes post-film Q&As with attending filmmakers, jury and audience awards, a festival kick-off party, and a moderated TMFF Talks Q&A panel session. The festival is open to submissions from any country.
HERE'S WHAT WE WILL OFFER YOU
By submitting your film, we promise to watch it fully and give it a fair chance for inclusion in the festival. If your film is selected for screening at the Toronto Motorcycle Film Festival, here’s what you can expect from us:
- An extremely welcoming and appreciative Toronto audience that is passionate about motorcycles, films, and the motorcycle community.
- Screening of your film in a theatre with high-quality video and audio. More information on the venue can be found online at our website torontomotofilmfest.com
- Extensive promotion of your film, and you as the filmmaker, via our website and on all of our social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube channel.
- A landing page for your film on our website with a synopsis, still frame, trailer if available, credits and filmmaker bios. Have a look at our previous Film Guides to get a sense of what it will look like.
- We will undertake a marketing campaign to garner press coverage of our festival and your film.
- If you’re in Toronto during the festival, there will be an opportunity to participate in Q&A and meet and greet sessions with the audience, attend the opening night party and TMFF Talks Q&A panel and a private filmmaker reception.
- For attending filmmakers, we will develop a mini press kit and host a media reception event to allow you to connect with members of the press for broader exposure.
- We will treat you like a member of our extended family; with care and respect.
We are focused on making the festival a first class experience for both our audience and filmmakers and are proud of the feedback we've received from them. Please see what they have to say below.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
We look forward to your submission.
-- The Toronto Motorcycle Film Festival team.
Awards will be given in the following categories:
- Best Canadian Film
- Best Short Film
- Best Feature Film
- People’s Choice
We may expand the prizes to split out narrative, documentary and experimental films depending on the number of submissions received for each category.
The Best Canadian, Short and Feature Film Awards will be chosen by our Judging Panel which is made up of motorcycle, media, and moto community leaders. The People's Choice Award will be based on audience votes.
When you submit your film, you will choose which category you wish to classify it under. Award titles and prizes are subject to change.
1. Films must feature motorcycles or motorcycle culture as a key component or theme.
2. Films must be in English or contain English subtitles.
3. Films must be submitted via FilmFreeway or via direct link from Vimeo or YouTube.
4. You certify that you hold all necessary rights to this film and that you cleared all rights and licenses, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, royalty and credits, before submitting it to the Toronto Motorcycle Film Festival. You agree to indemnify Toronto Motorcycle Film Festival in the event that such rights have not been properly transferred. You also certify that this film is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation.
5. You will not hold Toronto Motorcycle Film Festival harmless for damage to, or loss of any or all materials en route to, from or otherwise at the festival and assume all legal responsibilities therein.
6. Submissions are reviewed by the Toronto Motorcycle Film Festival programming team. The applicants whose film(s) have been selected for inclusion in the film festival will be notified via email on or before July 31, 2020.
7. If your film is selected, you authorize Toronto Motorcycle Film Festival to screen your film and will provide an exhibition copy in a required format. You also grant the Toronto Motorcycle Film Festival permission to use stills and excerpts from your film for promotional purposes.
8. Submissions may not be withdrawn once they have been accepted and you have confirmed, except at the discretion of the Toronto Motorcycle Film Festival.
9. Award winners will be selected by a panel of judges chosen by the Toronto Motorcycle Film Festival.