A short-form media showcase happening in Toronto. We host multiple events a year. This will be our 5th event.
Created by Producer/Actor Shannon T.McNally, Indie Night focuses on showcasing stories that accurately represent our communities. After 4 successful events in our first year, Indie Night has established itself as a safe haven for filmmakers of all levels to come and showcase their work. Whether it's breathing new life into an older short film or screening something for the first time: we welcome it all. We have screened visual poems, sketch comedy, web series, music videos, spoken word, documentaries, and of course short films.
Indie Night's mandate is "nothing about us without us". Toronto Indie Night is dedicated to creating a platform, showcasing diverse stories that properly reflect the world we live in. We strive to have equality at all our events. We are committed to holding a safe and inclusive environment for our patrons and artists.
There are none.
Indie Night is a showcase and not an award ceremony. We encourage all content creators and storytellers to submit all forms of content (not just narrative short films). Due to the eclectic variety of content we often screen, we do not have awards. This industry is competitive enough.
- Must be submitted by Key creative. (Should another member of the cast/crew wish to submit, please include a letter of approval from whoever owns the content.)
- It should be under 15 minutes.
- We do not have a cut off date for when the film has to be made. please consider submitting older content that might otherwise go unseen.
- We will not screen anything that is explorative or negatively impacts marginalized communities.
- Priority will be given to local filmmakers.
- Please include a cover letter outlining how your content fits with the Toronto Indie Night Mandate (that can be found on our website or in the description above)
- By submitting, you grant Toronto Indie Night and Shannon T. McNally permission to screen the film and use any posters/stills for promotional purposes.