The 5th annual festival will take place in June 2024 in Toronto.
The Toronto Arab Film Festival is a non-for-profit festival dedicated to bringing films from, and about the Arab world, to Toronto audiences.
Our latest edition featured 50 films from 19 countries, with in-person and virtual screenings, as well as social, networking and professional development events. We handed out 4 awards totalling over $2500 in financial and in-kind awards.
In 2024, the festival will primarily taking place in-person, with select screenings and programming available online.
Awards presented offer a financial reward to winning filmmakers, along with a one of a kind trophy designed by a local artist.
> Juthour Jury Award for Most Promising Filmmaker
> Qayqub Award for Best Canadian Short Film
> Yamama Audience Choice Award for Best Short Film
> Nakheel Jury Award for Best Feature Film
- must have been completed after January 1, 2022
- must be in English, or have English subtitles at the time of submission.
- accepted formats: shorts, features, documentaries, fiction, experimental
- must complete the submission form via FilmFreeway indicating the following:
- the film's premiere status
- the film's availability/restrictions for physical and virtual screenings
- the film's geoblocking availability
The 2024 will take place in-person and online.
Short films will be automatically entered into the following competitions:
- Audience choice award
- Jury Award for most promising filmmaker
- Best Canadian Film*
* Only applicable to Canadian films
Feature films will be automatically entered into competition:
- Best Feature Film Award