T.U.F.F. stands for The Upfront Film Festival and will be held at The Upfront Theatre in Bellingham, Washington.
The Upfront Theatre is an improvisational comedy club located in Bellingham, Washington that is owned by Comedian/Actor Ryan Stiles ("Whose Line is it Anyways?", "Two and a Half Men", "Drew Carey Show"). When the club opened ten years ago, Ryan hosted an informal comedy short film festival for local filmmakers and now he wants to revive it and open it up worldwide!
We are looking for ORIGINAL comedy short films no longer than 5 minutes in length (including all credits). They can be live action, animation, stop motion, silent, whatever you like as long as it is FUNNY!
What makes our little festival worth submitting to?
Good question, with a great answer! Besides the $500 prize for Best Picture (TBD by our celebrity judging panel)... Ryan and some of his industry buddies are going to personally screen and provide their notes to the filmmakers of the 10 festival finalists.
We currently have these folks lined up to review your work:
Ryan Stiles (Actor, "Whose Line is it Anyways?", "Two and a Half Men", "Drew Carey Show")
Gerry Cohen (Director, "Married with Children", "Drew Carey Show", "Anger Management")
Mo Collins (Actress, "Parks and Recreation", "MadTV")
Daran Norris (Actor/Voice Actor, "The Fairly Odd Parents", "T.U.F.F. Puppy", "Team America: World Police")
Since filming schedules change frequently these names are subject to change.
The following awards will be presented:
o Best Picture (Determined by celebrity judging panel)
o People's Choice
o Best Editing
o Best Cinematography
o Best Actor
o Best Actress
o Best Single Funniest Moment
Entrants consent and agree that The Upfront Film Festival (aka T.U.F.F.) and its employees, or agents have the right to present my film and to use these in any and all media, now or hereafter known, and exclusively for the purpose of show case and promote the The Upfront Film Festival (aka T.U.F.F.). Entrants consent that their name and identity may be revealed therein or by descriptive text or commentary. Entrants hereby release to The Upfront Film Festival (aka T.U.F.F.), its agents, and employees all rights to exhibit this work in print and electronic form publicly or privately. All material must be originally produced by the submitting team, no copyright protected material will be accepted.
It is the sole responsibility of the filmmaker/submitter to obtain any and all necessary releases for all associated talent with their submission.
Minors - It is the sole responsibility of the filmmaker/submitter to ensure that any underage or minor performers are documented and have any and all necessary releases signed by a parent or guardian.
*ALL films submitted need to have a comedic goal and be in good taste. All genres will be accepted, sci-fi, fantasy, documentary, mockumentary, contemporary, horror, period etc. but ZERO Dramas will be screened. “Good Taste” will be assessed on a case by case basis.
* Films must have been completed after Jan. 1, 2013
All non-English films must have English sub-titles.
*Films must be submitted electronically via FilmFreeway system.
FilmFreeway recommends these settings for all submissions:
Maximum video bitrate: 2200 Kbps, H.264, mp4
Audio bitrate: 128 Kbps, AAC
Aspect ratio preserved; maximum video width of 1280 pixels
* We will only consider works with a maximum running time of 5 minutes or less (including any and all credits). There is no minimum running time.
* Works-in-progress will not be considered.
* Please do NOT send stills or press kits. If your film is selected we will ask you to email us a still image.
* You will be notified of acceptance by or before June 6th, 2015
* All films selected for the Festival grant The Upfront Film Festival (aka T.U.F.F.) the rights to use them for promotional purposes.
* The Upfront Film Festival (aka T.U.F.F.) is permitted to retain copies of each film selected as part of our festival library.
* All films selected for the Festival grant The Upfront Film Festival (aka T.U.F.F.) the rights to upload a clip/trailer online for promotional purposes.
* Though not a requirement, we prefer that films NOT have previously screened in a public theatrical setting prior to their screening at The Upfront Film Festival (aka T.U.F.F.).
* You may submit more than one film, but each one must be on a separate and must be accompanied by its own completed submission form and entry fee.
* The Festival will not confirm receipt of film by telephone.
* You have the option of paying with credit card online after you fill out and submit entry form.
* All fees are non-refundable
* Entries will not be viewed without entry fee payment
* Film selection for the Festival will be made by the Festival Committee. Total number of festival selections will be determined by the selection committee.
* Our selection committee will determine a field of 10 Finalists that will then be screened by our celebrity judging panel for the award of "Best Picture".
* All filmmakers will be notified via email of acceptance and if their film has been selected as a "Finalist".