Proud Partners of Raindance Film Festival, Final Draft, Backstage and London Borough of Culture
At The South London Film Festival we are open to filmmakers from both the UK and Internationally.
London offers a wealth of multicultural diversity and we are proudly surrounded by an amazing community of both creatives and film lovers, who we want to bring together to celebrate filmmakers and films from around the world.
We believe that every film we watch, shapes the future of the industry and the world around it, thats why we aim to work with partners to offer unique rewards and prizes that will support the future career of our filmmakers, please check out the awards section for regularly updated prizes.
The South London Film Festival is dedicated to supporting the future of the industry so we will always offer a non-profit 'free to enter' category for students and schools/educational institutions. Winner of best student film will be invited to have an informal 1-to-1 meeting with a professional film producer who will answer questions and give them guidance on the next stages of their career. Please see terms and conditions.
As creatives it can sometimes be intimidating to share our work with the world, that’s why we offer all winners a personal video review of their film and a category to receive feedback. If you choose to submit to the feedback category, you will receive written feedback even if your film is not selected.
We look forward to seeing your films!
Note: All prizes and rewards are subject to change at the discretion of the Festival and its Partners at any time.
- New prizes and rewards will continue to be added throughout the festival. Please look below for more prizes.-
All official selections, finalists and winners will be notified and receive laurels.
All submissions to the feedback categories will receive a written critical review even if not selected.
All winning films will receive an Official Award Certificate.
Winners of 'Best Student Film', will receive £1,000 to spend on courses with our partners at Raindance Film Festival (London).
BEST NARRATIVE SHORT
BEST DOCUMENTARY SHORT
BEST ANIMATED SHORT
BEST EXPERIMENTAL SHORT
BEST NARRATIVE FEATURE
BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
BEST MUSIC VIDEO
BEST INTERNATIONAL SHORT
BEST INTERNATIONAL FEATURE
BEST CLIMATE CHANGE SHORT
BEST STUDENT FILM
**Jury's choice award will be voted for by our jury all categories will be considered.
All Winners (excluding Jury’s Choice and Best Student Film) will receive a discount towards a professional script report for a future project by a professional script reporter who has worked for Tiger Aspect and Ziji Productions.
Winners of Best Student Film and Jury’s Choice will receive a free full professional short film script report by a professional script reporter who has worked for Tiger Aspect and Ziji Productions.
Winner of Best Student Film will be invited to have an informal 1-to-1 meeting with a professional film producer who will answer questions and guide them on the next stages of their career. (Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult).
All winners, finalists and honourable mentions will be invited to a Q&A with festival hosts to discuss their films.
All winning short films will be shown at The South London Film Festival and Feature films will display a short scene chosen by the production team.
By submitting your film to The South London Film Festival you will automatically be included in our newsletters.
Students over the age of 16 are permitted to submit one project to our free 'Student Film' category, schools/educational facilities are more than welcome to submit on behalf of the students. Note: Only one entry per student.
South London based filmmakers are entitled to a discount waiver code, email email@example.com with your name and proof of address (i.e Utility Bill, Photo ID etc.) using the subject SLD(NAMEOFYOURFILM) to receive a code. Discount codes are not eligible for Feedback Categories.
Rules and Terms
1. The South London Film Festival is an international film festival open to all filmmakers inside and outside the UK.
2. All films should be submitted in English or with English Subtitles.
3. There are no limitations on premiere status.
4. If necessary, submissions are subject to being moved to a different category at the festivals discretion. This will not affect the entry fee. Only the category will be changed.
5. Filmmakers (excluding Student Film category) may submit more than one project to the festival.
6. Short Films should have a run time between 1 and 20 minutes.
7. Feature Films should have a run time above 40 minutes .
8. Music videos must be under 10 minutes.
9. South London Based Filmmakers are entitled to receive a discount if they provide proof of address. Please contact the festival with proof of address.
10. No pornographic/explicit material.
11. All submissions to feedback categories will receive written feedback for their film irrespective of selection status.
12. Students must be over the age of 16 to submit and must upload proof of student ID to their ‘files and attachments’ section on their FilmFreeway project page, otherwise films will be disqualified. Students under the age of 18 must submit via their school/educational institution.
13. Student Filmmakers are permitted to submit their film to compete in other categories as well as the student category.
14. Entry fees are non refundable.
15. By submitting, all filmmakers confirm that they have obtained permissions for all images and music used in their films.
16. All selections, finalists and winners will be notified within notification dates and will receive laurels and certificates.
17. By submitting, you are acknowledging that all prizes and rewards are subject to change at the discretion of the Festival and/or it's partners at any time.
18. By submitting, the filmmaker gives The South London Film Festival permission to use their film (including images/sound) on our website and social media channels and for marketing purposes.
19. Rules and terms and conditions are subject to change at any time at the discretion of The South London Film Festival.
20. Judging decisions are final.
21. We are not accepting postal submissions.
22. All rewards must be redeemed with 12 months.
23. Submissions that are found to have violated any of the eligibility requirements listed above, may be disqualified at any time.
By submitting, you agree to all terms and conditions.