The Other Film Festival (TOFF) is Australia's leading disability film festival. TOFF prides itself in showcasing the very best, contemporary stories of the disability and Deaf communities locally, nationally and internationally.
Since its inception in 2004, the festival has grown in stature and is now a highly anticipated event in Melbourne's busy cultural calendar.
People with disability are still largely unseen and misrepresented by the mainstream film industry. TOFF challenges this by providing a platform to counter the stereotypes prevalent in popular culture.
The festival runs for three days and encompasses forums, workshops and panel discussions. This year sees the return of competitive screenings with three prizes up for grabs.
TOFF 2018 offers three Prizes
Best Film 2018 will receive AUS$3000.00, open to entrants in the International and Australian category
Best Emerging Australian film will receive AUS$1500.00, open to Australian residents in the first five years of their film careers
Best Youth Short film will receive AUS$500.00 open to filmmakers 18 years of age or under.
1. All films must be made by, with or about people with a disability or Deaf.
2. We must receive the following by 30 June, 2018: a) Completed Entry via FilmFreeway at www.filmfreeway.com/TheOtherFilmFestival b) Entry fee c) Preview film available online via the FilmFreeway entry.
3. The Entrant warrants to The Other Film Festival that the film does not infringe on any rights, including copyright and third party, and that the Entrant has obtained all necessary releases and permissions to enter the film.
4. If the film is selected, the Entrant must supply a high quality, full resolution screening version of the film by 01 August 2018. If the screening media is not received by this date the film will not be accepted for screening at the festival.
5. The Entrant grants The Other Film Festival the following rights: a) To screen or otherwise exhibit the film at the festival's screening events, including any and all subsequent touring programs of the festival, b) To create and screen a Captioned and Audio Described version for screening at the festival, c) To reproduce and disseminate short extracts of the film for promotional purposes, including online at www.otherfilmfestival.com d) To add the film to a compilation program for publicity purposes eg previewing and reviewing by journalists. e) To print or reproduce digital stills provided by the Entrant for all promotional and marketing purposes.
6. The Other Film Festival undertakes to do the following: a) To inform all entrants of selection decisions by 18 July 2018. c) To award a prizes to the best films in categories. All films screened at the festival are eligible. (All prizes will be confirmed closer to the festival and announced on the festival website.)