As most filmmakers will tell you, being involved with making a film means; countless hours of hard work, stress, dedication, discipline, lack of sleep, lots of smiles, lots of tears, ridiculous amounts of coffee consumed, new bonds forged, and not to mention all those hours spent away from family and friends. So what’s the point of going through it all if no-one ever gets to see your work of art? Could you imagine if Leonardo Da Vinci painted the Mona Lisa, and just hung it in his bedroom? Your work of art NEEDS to be seen, admired and help to inspire.
'The Next Level International Film Festival’ (TNLIFF) was inspired by filmmakers for filmmakers to encourage and help push filmmakers to their full potential. 'The Next Level’ is a platform for emerging artists to show the world what they are capable of, not just locally or nationally, but INTERNATIONALLY!
This is a free event to all those who wish to attend. That’s right it’s a FREE festival. So the money you save on a ticket can be spent on the amazing food and drinks that are on offer.
-----COVID19 PANDEMIC NOTICE -----
We hope that you and your families and friends are managing to stay healthy and happy in these unpredictable circumstances we find ourselves in with COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Shadow Wolves Productions and The Next Level International Film Festival are well aware, and appreciate, the severity of the situation that is developing around the world.
Festivals, all around the world, have been forced to cancel or postpone their events as they follow strict guidelines and recommendations from their governments; and The Next Level International Film Festival is no exception.
Due to these unique events, we have decided that it's within the best interest of our friends, family, workers, filmmakers and fans, that this years event, not be cancelled, but instead goes online. The dates for the festival will remain the same, as will the deadline dates, awards and prizes. This is the best possible outcome that we can see, that keeps everyone's best interests at hand; filmmakers, fans and workers alike.
We believe that communication with the filmmakers is essential, hence why we have made this decision earlier rather than later.
In order to encourage everyone to continue to enter their films into this year's festival, we would like to offer a 75% off discount code. At checkout, please use the code: COVID75OFF. This code can be used multiple times and will continue between now and our closing date.
We hope everyone will continue to use their creativity and use the time in quarantine or isolation to enhance their creativity and careers.
• All Winner's receive a Certificate and Laurel
• All Finalists receive a Laurel
• THE NEXT LEVEL AWARD (A truly stand out award to help take your filmmaking to the
• Best Feature Film
• Best Feature Animation
• Best Documentary
• Best Australian Film
• Best Short Film
• Best Short Comedy
• Best Short Horror
• Best Short Documentary
• Best Short Animation
• Best Web-Series
• Best Trailer
• Best Music Video
• Best Actor
• Best Actress
• Best Supporting Actor
• Best Supporting Actress
• Best Poster Design
• Rising Star Award (A special award in recognition of all the hard work that has been
put into the project, this is awarded at the judges' discretion)
• We accept Feature Films, Short Films, Trailer's, and Music Videos.
• When you submit your film to TNLIFF, you are automatically giving us the non-
exclusive rights to showcase your film, if selected as a finalist, and to use your
material (including trailers/teasers/posters etc) to help market your film and our
• There is no rating specification applied to the entries.
• Films may have been previously screened at other festivals
• Short categories must not exceed 30 mins (including credits)
• Feature category must be over 45 mins (including credits)
• Trailer category must not exceed 5 mins.
• Music Video category must not exceed 5 mins.
• The film must be completed after 1st January 2010
• Films must be either in English or have English subtitles available.
• You can submit more than one film, however, you must complete a separate entry
form for each film.
• Entry fees are per film entered.
• One Entry fee covers all relevant categories (i.e. Best Actress, Best Director etc).
• Entry fees are non-refundable
• Submissions must be available via the secure online screener function of
FilmFreeway (Passwords must be supplied if applicable)
• Entrants are responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses, royalties, release
forms, clearances, and permits necessary to present their work.
• ONLY completed films are accepted no rough cuts.
• All decisions made by TNLIFF judges are final.
• If your submission is accepted by our jury, you will be asked to provide a
downloadable version of your submission for inclusion in the Film Festival.
• Whilst all films submitted will be considered, unfortunately, not all submissions will
be selected for screening.
• All submitters will be notified of the status of their submission(s) prior to the event
• If a film is selected for screening, the Film Director (Submitter) will state that
he/she/they is/are the sole and rightful owner(a) of the submission and does not
violate or infringe on any trademark, trade name, copyright, literary, dramatic,
musical, artistic or other intellectual property or personal rights.
• No filmmaker will be discriminated (or favoured) by their country of origin,
language, age, race, education, ideology, economic resources, or otherwise.
• All participants acknowledge that TNLIFF is a public event that is open to the media.
As such, all participants are subject to media coverage and scrutiny and may have
their likenesses published in print, electronically, or via digital broadcast. TNLIFF is
not, now nor will not be in the future, responsible nor liable for such media
coverage or actions of the press or other publicity agents during any events or
functions associated with TNLIFF.