As most filmmakers will tell you, being involved with making a film means; countless hours of hard work, stress, dedication, discipline, lack of sleep, lots of smiles, lots of tears, ridiculous amounts of coffee consumed, new bonds forged, and not to mention all those hours spent away from family and friends. So what’s the point of going through it all if no-one ever gets to see your work of art? Could you imagine if Leonardo Da Vinci painted the Mona Lisa, and just hung it in his bedroom? Your work of art NEEDS to be seen, admired and help to inspire.
'The Next Level International Film Festival’ (TNLIFF) was inspired by filmmakers for filmmakers to encourage and help push filmmakers to their full potential. 'The Next Level’ is a platform for emerging artists to show the world what they are capable of, not just locally or nationally, but INTERNATIONALLY!
As this is the first year that the festival is running, we would like to offer a special ‘Grand Opening’ invitation to the event, meaning that the event will be FREE to all those who wish to attend as ‘General Admission’. That’s right it’s a FREE festival. So the money you save on a ticket, can be spent on the amazing food and drinks that are on offer. Other ticket options will become available closer to the screening night, including special food and beverage packages and reserved seating.
Every year we are inspiring to hold the festival at a different location. In 2018 the festival will kick off the ‘Wine Festival Month’, and be held amongst the vineyards with a beautiful mountain backdrop, at the prestigious ‘Mudgee Wines’ located on Henry Lawson Drive in Mudgee NSW.
All categories receive a Certificate and Laurel if they win. The NEXT LEVEL AWARD will also win a trophy, and we are aiming to secure more prizes and cash prizes prior to the event. So stay tuned.
• THE NEXT LEVEL AWARD (A truly stand out award to help take your filmmaking to the
• Best Feature Film
• Best Feature Film Runner Up
• Best Short Narrative Film
• Best Short Narrative Film Runner Up
• Best Documentary Short
• Best Animated Short
• Best Student Film
• Best Trailer
• Audience Choice
• Best Actor
• Best Actress
• Best Supporting Actor
• Best Supporting Actress
• Best Director
• Best Screenplay
• Best Composer
• Best Cinematographer
• Rising Star Award (A special award in recognition of all the hard work that has been
put into the project, this is awarded at the judges discretion)
• We accept Feature Films, Short Films, Trailer's, Music Video's and Scripts.
• When you submit your film to TNLIFF, you are automatically giving us the non-
exclusive rights to showcase your film, if selected as a finalist, and to use your
material (including trailers/teasers/posters etc) to help market your film and our
• There is no rating specification applied to the entries, but please advise if your film
contains a high level of violence, gore, language, nudity etc)
• Films may have been previously screened at other festivals
• Short categories must not exceed 30 mins (including credits)
• Feature category must be over 45 mins (including credits)
• Trailer category must not exceed 5 mins.
• Music Video category must not exceed 5 mins.
• All scripts are to be submitted via PDF only and not exceed 150 pages.
• Film must be completed after 1st January 2010
• Films must be either in English or have English subtitles available.
• You can submit more than one film, however, you must complete a separate entry
form for each film.
• Entry fees are per film entered.
• One Entry fee covers all relevant categories (i.e. Best Actress, Best Director etc).
• Entry fees are non-refundable
• Submissions must be available via the secure online screener function of
FilmFreeway (Passwords must be supplied if applicable)
• Entrants are responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses, royalties, release
forms, clearances, and permits necessary to present their work.
• ONLY completed films are accepted no rough cuts.
• All decisions made by TNLIFF judges are final.
• If your submission is accepted by our jury, you will be asked to provide a
downloadable version of your submission for inclusion in the Film Festival.
• Whilst all films submitted will be considered, unfortunately not all submissions will
be selected for screening.
• All submitter's will be notified of the status of their submission(s) prior to the event
• If a film is selected for screening, the Film Director (Submitter) will state that
he/she/they is/are the sole and rightful owner(a) of the submission and does not
violate or infringe on any trademark, trade name, copyright, literary, dramatic,
musical, artistic or other intellectual property or personal rights.
• No filmmaker will be discriminated (or favoured) by their country of origin,
language, age, race, education, ideology, economic resources, or otherwise.
• All participants acknowledge that TNLIFF is a public event that is open to the media.
As such, all participants are subject to media coverage and scrutiny and may have
their likenesses published in print, electronically, or via digital broadcast. TNLIFF is
not, now nor will not be in the future, responsible nor liable for such media
coverage or actions of the press or other publicity agents during any events or
functions associated with TNLIFF.