The Great Canadian Sketch Comedy Film Festival is back for its third year! The goals of the festival remain the same. We are dedicated to celebrating the art form of sketch comedy and giving exposure to the up and coming producers of the genre. Due to the pandemic we needed to be creative. The show must go on!
We are excited to announce we will be an online film festival this year. We will be bringing top quality comedy sketches from around the world to your screen. Seed&Spark will host the festival on December 5th and December 6th. Once you buy your ticket, you’ll be able to watch the films anytime you want!
Being an online festival there is an opportunity to showcase more films with potentially multiple film blocks. Each block will have its own individual vote for best comedic film. The film with the most votes in each block will be awarded a $250 cash prize! The tradition of audience voting for the best film will continue. Once you buy your $10.00 ticket, you’ll be able to email us with your vote. So, get your friends and family to buy a ticket to support the festival!
The cost of a film submission is $15.00. We will be accepting video submissions until October 23rd at 11:59 PM. The official selections will be revealed on October 26th at 11:59 PM. On December 5th and December 6th the Great Canadian Sketch Comedy Film Festival will take place.
Patrons that buy tickets will have the opportunity to vote for the best film via email. On Dec.7th the votes will be counted and the film with the most votes wins a $250 cash prize.
Rules and Terms:
1. Entries must be related to comedy. This includes puppets, animation, live sketches, music videos, etc. If it makes people laugh, we want it!
2. Entries do not need to be premieres.
3. Entries must be between 1-8 mins in length.
4. Entries must be provided in a 2048x1152, 1920x1080 or 1280x720 resolution.
5. Only three film entries per filmmaker.
6. No refunds will be given.
7. The Great Canadian Sketch Comedy Film Festival confirms that the festival has the permission to exhibit your film(s) during the festival and /or at any other festival event. Submission of a work implies that the festival can employ moving image excerpts and reproduce stills of exhibition promotion. Credit will be given to any filmmaker or screenwriter if such material is used in festival promotion. The original copyright holder retains all rights to their work.
8. Foreign films are accepted but english subtitles must be added.