The Great Canadian Sketch Comedy Film Festival is back for its second year! The idea of the festival came about when the founders saw that sketch comedy video content needed more opportunity to be seen and celebrated in a live setting. The festival will be taking place on Nov.9th at the Carlton Cinema from 9:30 PM to 11:00 PM with a VIP party at 8:30 PM.
The goal of the festival is to celebrate the art form of sketch comedy and give exposure to the up and coming producers of the genre. We also award a $500 cash prize at the end of the festival by a live audience vote.
We will be accepting video submissions until September 30th. Then we will be evaluating the sketches until we have our final selections, which will be revealed on October 5th at 11:59 PM. These will be the films shown at the film festival on November 9th.
After the film selections are shown during the festival the audience will have a chance to vote for their favorite film. The film with the most votes wins a $500 cash prize.
Rules and Terms:
1. Entries must be related to comedy. This includes puppets, animation, live sketches, music videos, etc. If it makes people laugh, we want it!
2. Entries do not need to be premieres.
3. Entries must be between 1-8 mins in length.
4. Entries must be provided in a high resolution (24 fps) ProRes QuickTime format.
5. Only three film entries per troupe.
6. No refunds will be given.
7. The Great Canadian Sketch Comedy Film Festival confirms that the festival has the permission to exhibit your film(s) during the festival and /or at any other festival event. Submission of a work implies that the festival can employ moving image excerpts and reproduce stills of exhibition promotion. Credit will be given to any filmmaker or screenwriter if such material is used in festival promotion. The original copyright holder retains all rights to their work.
8. Foreign films are accepted but english subtitles must be added.