THE GRAND CINE CARNIVAL- MALDIVES
THE GRAND CINE CARNIVAL- MALDIVES is an International Live Screening Film Festival based in Maldives , South Asia .
THE GRAND CINE CARNIVAL- MALDIVES is planned to celebrate world films in the tropical haven of white sand beaches ,chain of islands with powdery beaches and turquoise waters .
This festival is about bringing together people from different corners of the world to enjoy and appreciate the art of film making .
LET’S CELEBRATE FILMS .
THE GRAND CINE CARNIVAL- MALDIVES
THE GRAND CINE CARNIVAL- MALDIVES is an Independent festival that supports & promotes aspiring filmmakers all over the world. The Festival is also concerned toward supporting and encouraging creative minds globally, especially filmmakers, and artists to participate in the festival .
THE GRAND CINE CARNIVAL- MALDIVES attracts a broad selection of shorts and feature films by independent filmmakers working in every genre and format and offers an extraordinary chance to have a glimpse of the future of independent cinema.
The festival prides itself upon providing opportunities for talented directors, producers, writers, actors and crew members from all over the world to learn together and exhibit their work in a stimulating international environment. The Festival ensures and encourages good content from outside the mainstream film industry. We look for films that represent different facets of filmmaking, from polished productions to no-budget gems.
GALA AWARD CEREMONY
Cash Prize for the winners on the following categories
. Best Director . Best Short Film . Best Narrative Feature
Cash Prize will be given on the ANNUAL EVENT OF THE GRAND CINE CARNIVAL- MALDIVES . Trophy , Certificate and other exciting prizes for the winners in all categories .
The winners in each season (month) will receive a laurel and trophy, medal and certificate . The monthly winners will automatically be qualified for annual screening and will be nominated for the prestigious THE GRAND CINE CARNIVAL- MALDIVES ANNUAL Awards.
Besides the "BEST of the category" AWARDS, there are also OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS, which are given in different categories.
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into the selection process of THE GRAND CINE CARNIVAL- MALDIVES , you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms. THE GRAND CINE CARNIVAL- MALDIVES is open to any film regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to THE GRAND CINE CARNIVAL- MALDIVES is not a guarantee of selection. All the winning films will receive prestigious THE GRAND CINE CARNIVAL- MALDIVES, Certificate of Recognition. Please note that we do not offer application fee waivers. We treat every filmmaker equally.
1. Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles otherwise they will be summarily rejected.
2. Once a film is submitted to THE GRAND CINE CARNIVAL- MALDIVES , the same film can’t be re-submitted again.
3. A director / producer may submit more than one film. THE GRAND CINE CARNIVAL- MALDIVES is hereby granted the rights to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the project. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to
commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
4. THE GRAND CINE CARNIVAL- MALDIVES reserves the right to refuse entries.
5. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless THE GRAND CINE CARNIVAL- MALDIVES, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits and publicity.
6. The organizer will not refund any fees once the filmmaker submits his / her film. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission copy may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the programming director or executive director. THE GRAND CINE CARNIVAL- MALDIVES does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
7. After a film has been selected, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually the film will be listed on the THE GRAND CINE CARNIVAL- MALDIVES website. The ‘Selected’ status means that you can use the THE GRAND CINE CARNIVAL- MALDIVES Laurel on your poster & banners.
8. All submitted films will be privately screened for THE GRAND CINE CARNIVAL- MALDIVES judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
9. “Best of the Best” films will receive prestigious THE GRAND CINE CARNIVAL- MALDIVES, Trophy and Certificate.
10. Filmmakers’ submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
11. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link of your film.
12. THE GRAND CINE CARNIVAL- MALDIVES may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time.