The English Riviera Film Festival is a celebration of film-making in the South West UK and internationally . The festival has developed from a one day event in 2015 to a International recognised Film Event . Our aim is to promote the English Riviera and the South West as a location where the film industry can do business and where there is already a wealth of talent in film-making . Plus to recognise - support film makers from around the world .
For our Sixth year we are very excited to be returning to the Brand new (opened Sept 2019) £17 Million Hi Tech and Digital Centre at South Devon College in Paignton for the main festival day and awards . With the screening taking place in the new state of the art Cinema in the college.
For our Sixth year we have expanded the awards to include for the first time this year Best Documentary Film and Best Makeup . Along side Best Film , Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best Actress , Best Actor, Best Cinematography, Best Animated Film and the English Riviera Film Festival Award . With hand crafted Awards being made again by Our Glass in Cockington Torquay in Devon UK.
The 2020 festival is pleased to host the Fourth English Riviera Film Awards, with a judging panel comprising independent film and theatre producers and directors, Entries are welcomed from all film makers who have completed their films since January 2019 and all finalists will be screened during the principal Film Festival event at South Devon College Hi Tech Digital Centre in Paignton on Saturday October 24th 2020 .
Previous Festivals have showcased Film Makers and ERFF Award winners from the Devon , Uk , Los Angeles , Canada , Italy , Netherlands and Japan . With film makers travelings from across the Uk and Europe to attend the Festival .
The 2019 Festival was the most successful yet with Sold Out Screenings and great audience feedback . We can’t wait to showcase talented Film Makers and Films from across the World in October 2020 .
English Riviera Film Award*
Best Documentary Film
Best Animated Film
Audience Award **
* all awards open to Film Makers worldwide except the English Riviera Award which will recognise a Devon UK Film / Film Maker .
** Voted by the Audience on October 24th 2020 at Nominees Screening
Winning entries will receive a English Riviera Award
and Certificate of Winning . Plus will be featured on the Official website and social media.
FINAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 17th July 2020
All films must have been completed during or after Jan 2019 to be eligible for the 2020 Festival. THE ORGANISATION 1. The 2020 Festival Awards take place at South Devon College Hi Tech & Digital Centre in Paignton, Torbay, UK, on Saturday 24th October 2020.
2. The final selection of all films presented at the Festival and their scheduling in the program is the responsibility of the Festival Director for English Riviera Film Festival. ELIGIBILITY 3. The Festival is open to short films of all production techniques or mixes thereof, including drama, animation, documentary, experimental or artist film from low to high budgets. Entries may be eligible for more than one category (animated and documentary entries are, for instance, still eligible for consideration in the Best Film award).
The 2020 awards categories are:
· Best Film
· English Riviera Film Festival Award
· Best Director
· Best Actor
· Best Actress
· Best Screenplay
· Best Cinematography
· Best Documentary
· Best Animated film
. Best Makeup
1 The English Riviera Film Award is Eligible only to Cast and Crew who have a connection to Devon. This is to recognise and support local talent.
4. The primary contact completing the submission process must be authorised to submit the film for consideration including permission from a distributor or sales agent representing the film and must have obtained necessary permissions for the inclusion of copyrighted music and/or images within the films. On submission of a film to the Festival, the applicant confirms that they possess all rights necessary for the screening of the film at this film Festival.
5. Film entries must have a maximum duration of 20 minutes including credits.
REGISTRATION AND DATA PROTECTION 7. Before you can submit your film, you will be asked to register your contact and film details. These details will only be shared with English Riviera Film Festival. English Riviera Film Festival ensures this information will not be used for anything other than direct contact from the Festival or one of the Festival’s submission partners and will not be shared with anyone else. ENTRY FEES & REFUNDS
8. There is a submission fee to enter your films to English Riviera Film Festival.
9. The costs of submitting a film to an award category in the Festival for 2020 are as follows:
Earlybird Deadline: 01 March 2020 $ 8
Regular Deadline : 01 May 2020 $10
Late Deadline : 01 June 2020 $12
Final Deadline : 17 July 2020 $14
10. Entry fees are non-refundable.
11. A separate entry form and additional entry fee is required for each film submission. DIGITAL SUBMISSIONS
12. The digital video file you are entering should be of the highest quality copy of your film.
13. We regret that entries cannot be submitted by postal mail.
SELECTION PROCESS 14. The judges for the awards consist of film industry practitioners and dedicated film enthusiasts, adjudicated by the Festival Director (with the exception of the South Devon College film maker of the year award). The judges’ decision is final.
15. Successful entrants will be notified of their inclusion in the Festival by 10th September 2020.
16. After selection, notification letters will be sent electronically; please provide an email address that is checked regularly and ensure that the user account firstname.lastname@example.org is permitted to email you.
17. We are unable to give comments on individual films prior to submission or offer feedback for unsuccessful entries. FESTIVAL SCREENINGS 18. All finalist entries will be scheduled for audience screening at the Festival. Participants are not entitled to claim rental or other fees for the screenings of their films at the Festival.