The English Riviera Film Festival is a celebration of film-making in the South West and a supporter of the film makers worldwide . That has developed from a one day event in 2015 to a International recognised Film Event in October 2018 . Our aim is to promote the English Riviera and the South West as a location where the film industry can do business and where there is already a wealth of talent in film-making and its associated disciplines deserving a wider exposure.
For our forth year we are very excited to be moving the Festival to the Palace Theatre in Paignton for the main festival day and awards . A 364 seated professional theatre which hosts drama, live music, charity events and opera to parties, meetings , conferences and now the English Riviera Film Festival .
The 2018 festival is pleased host the second English Riviera Film Awards, with a judging panel comprising independent film and theatre producers and directors, and representation from actors union Equity. Entries are welcomed from all film makers who have completed their films since March 2017 and all finalists will be screened during the principal Film Festival event at the Palace Theatre in Paignton on October 27th 2018.
Last years Festival showcased Film Makers and ERFF Award winners from the Devon , Uk , Switzerland , Canada , Italy and Japan . With film makers travelings from as far as Italy to attend the festival .
English Riviera Film Award*
* all awards open to Film Makers worldwide except the English Riviera Award which will recognise a Devon UK Film / Film Maker .
Winning entries will receive a English Riviera Award
and Certificate of Winning . Plus will be featured on the Official website and social media.
ENGLISH RIVIERA FILM FESTIVAL 2018SUBMISSION GUIDELINES & TERMS AND CONDITIONS
FINAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 31st September 2018
All films must have been completed during or after March 2017 to be eligible for the 2017 festival.
1. The 2018 Festival Awards take place in Paignton , Torbay, UK, on the 27th Oct 2018 .
2. The final selection of all films presented at the festival and their scheduling in the program is the responsibility of the Festival Director for English Riviera Film Festival.
3. The festival is open to short films of all production techniques or mixes thereof, including drama, animation, documentary, experimental or artist film from low to high budgets.
The English Riviera Film Award is Eligible only to Cast and Crew who have a connection to Devon . This is to recognise / support local talent .
4. The primary contact completing the submission process must be authorised to submit the film for consideration including permission from a distributor or sales agent representing the film and must have obtained necessary permissions for the inclusion of copyrighted music and/or images within the films. On submission of a film to the festival, the applicant confirms that they possess all rights necessary for the screening of the film at this film festival.
5. Film entries must have a maximum duration of 25 minutes including credits.
REGISTRATION AND DATA PROTECTION
7. Before you can submit your film you will be asked to register your contact and film details. These details will only be shared with English Riviera Film Festival. English Riviera Film Festival ensures this information will not be used for anything other than direct contact from the festival or one of the festival’s submission partners and will not be shared with anyone else.
ENTRY FEES & REFUNDS
8. There is a submission fee to enter your films to English Riviera Film Festival.
9. The costs of submitting a film to an award category in the festival for 2018 are as follows:
Earlybird Deadline: Sept 10th 2018 $ 10
Final Deadline Sept 30th 2018 $12
10. Entry fees are non-refundable.
11. A separate entry form and additional entry fee is required for each film submission.
12. The digital video file you are entering should be of the highest quality copy of your film.
13. We regret that entries cannot be submitted by postal mail.
14. The judges for the awards consist of film industry practitioners and dedicated film enthusiasts, adjudicated by the Festival Director. The judges’ decision is final.
15. Successful entrants will be notified of their inclusion in the festival by 15th October 2018.
16. After selection, notification letters will be sent electronically; please provide an email address that is checked regularly and ensure that the user account firstname.lastname@example.org is permitted to email you.
17. We are unable to give comments on individual films prior to submission or offer feedback for unsuccessful entries.
18. Participants are not entitled to claim rental or other fees for the screenings of their films at the festival.
19. In addition to the reproduction of stills and clips of selected films (under 1 minute) for all English Riviera Film Festival publicity, they may also be screened as part of preview screenings to promote the event.
21. Within your submission you will be asked if you have read and agreed with the Terms and Conditions laid out in this document. By agreeing to proceed with your submission you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions and your application can then be processed. Entry of a film is binding and implies acceptance of these regulations.
22. In the event of disagreement concerning the interpretation of the regulations, the interpretation of the festival will take precedence.
23. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in the submission being disqualified.
24. A film that has been selected to screen may subsequently be removed from the schedule prior to the event for the following reasons:
i. Any unresolved dispute as to the film’s ownership causing potential problems.
ii. Falsification of information on entry form.
iii. Any reasonable grounds for concern over the film’s screening as determined by the festival organisers.
25. These regulations are subject to change without prior notice.