The 2019 Cammy Awards is a celebration of PhillyCAM producers whose television or radio content best demonstrates the organization's mission and exemplifies our values of inclusion, collaboration, discovery, learning, local focus, and quality.
This year's award recipients will be announced at the Cammy Award Ceremony on Sunday, October 20 at The Lightbox, International House.
Entries will be accepted from June 15 - August 5th.
2019 CAMMY AWARDS
Innovation Award for TV
Innovation Award for Radio
Presence Award for TV
Expression Award for Radio
Excellence in Curation Award for Radio
Excellence in Production Award for TV
**Civic Engagement - (TV and radio entries are accepted for these categories)**
Community Responder Award
**Democratic Values - (TV and radio entries are accepted for these categories)**
Finalists in each category are acknowledged during the awards ceremony in October. Award recipients are honored with a trophy at the ceremony.
- Any current PhillyCAM organizational, individual or youth member can enter a television or radio program submission to be judged.
- Submissions are open to all genres of content aired for the first time on PhillyCAM’s cable TV channels or WPPM FM between July 1 2018 - June 30, 2019.
- A member can submit up to a total of (2) entries of video and/or audio.
Option 1: ONE entry to two separate categories
Option 2: TWO entries entered separately in TWO categories
- There is no entry fee.
- Awards will be decided by an independent panel of volunteer judges with expertise in community and independent media making, broadcasting, community organizing and social impact work.
- Judges will watch up 5 minutes of a submission from the beginning, unless you indicate a specific timestamp in the program.
- You may submit any part of a single program, or a compilation of up to (3) excerpts from a series program separated by a fade or slate. Entries must appear as they were originally cablecast.
- Each category is review by a panel of judges, finalists are determined by a numerical score.
- Finalists will be announced October 1st, 2019.
- 2019 Award recipients will be announced at the CAMMY Award Ceremony on Sunday, October 20, 2019 at The Lightbox Film Center.
- Membership is expired or suspended at any point.
- Member is a PhillyCAM staff person or is contracted to facilitate or teach classes or productions for PhillyCAM.*
- Program submission is not viewable or audible for technical reasons.
- Incomplete submissions. Examples include: broken links, problems with media file, incomplete descriptions or text, etc.
- The entry exceeds the (2) submissions allowed.
- Improper modification for the purpose of this award. Programs or excerpts of programs should be entered in this contest as they were originally aired on PhillyCAM cable or WPPM FM in the form of a 5 minute clip or timestamped excerpts. Your entry may not be a montage.
- Candidate does not submit required promotional materials.
- Member may not submit to the same category in which they were the award recipient in the 2018 Cammy Awards.
- Entries submitted after 11:59PM ET August, 5th deadline (unless deadline is officially extended).
*Members who are performing teaching or production support for PhillyCAM project may submit independently produced content.
INDEMNIFICATION AND RIGHTS
- All decisions made by the judging panels are final.
- To promote community media, PhillyCAM retains the right to distribute the winning programs on a non-exclusive basis.
- The producer of the work is responsible for obtaining all approvals, clearances, licenses, etc., for materials contained in entry and must be willing to provide such clearances upon request.