Tell Tale Film Festival Film and Screenplay Competition gives winning Screenwriters the opportunity to have their written work table read by professional actors and filmed; and filmmakers a fun festival atmosphere, showcasing quality independent films, focusing on the art of short storytelling.
We also offer networking opportunities in a relaxed setting with like minded film professionals. The festival is hosted in Jersey City New Jersey; with Q&A sessions following the film blocks and an after party following the screenings, that includes networking for actors, screenwriters and filmmakers..
The winning screenplay has their filmed table read screened at a film festival to an audience. This allows for a great opportunity to network with active filmmakers and gauge audience reaction. The top 3 screenplays will get a filmed table read and be posted online, so that the screenwriter can utilize this for promotion.
Submit your short film, documentary, music video, trailer, or web series, 5 minutes or less. The selected films will screen at the festival.
How the Screenplay Competition Works. Submit a short screenplay up to 5 pages. If your screenplay is greater than 5 pages, submit either a scene or section up to 5 pages. If part of a larger work, you can include a cover page giving a description of what took place beforehand (background information on the script/story). The top 3 winning screenplays will be table read by professional actors and recorded. These table reads will be posted online by us and sent to the screenwriter so they can post and promote as well. The top winner, will have their recorded table read screened at a film festival in Jersey City, NJ.
The festival will help the screenwriter gauge audience reaction as well as network with filmmakers and actors. And a venue for short form story telling films to be showcased.
The Top 3 Screenplays will receive Certificates as well as having their screenplay table read by professional actors and recorded.
The Top Winner will have their recorded screenplay table read, screened at the film festival.
A panel of judges will select the Best of Fest Film. Selected films will screen.
TELL TALE FILM FESTIVAL (TTFF) RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. TTFF competition is open to the United States and International entries.
2. Screenplays must be in pdf, rtf, or txt format. Any other format might be disqualified (without refund).
3. Foreign language entries must have English translation.
4. Entries must have been completed in the past 5 years.
5. Applicants may submit as many entries as they wish, as long as each entry has a separate entry form and fee.
6. Entries must include contact information, with both an email address and phone number if possible.
7. For physical materials submitted, please submit in sturdy containers and/or bubble wrap to avoid damage. No fiber filled envelopes. Materials will not be returned to the submitters.
8. TTFF has the right to screen any film or projects submitted to the TTFF.
9. Award Certificates can be picked up in person at the festival.
10. All decisions made by the festival and/or judges are final and at their discretion.
11. If you are a top 3 winner, you acknowledge our right to post and broadcast the recorded table read. And hold TTFF and its representatives harmless of any claim arising from posting of said table read.
12. In the case of the screenplay 5-page competition, the winner will have their recorded table read screened at the film festival. Our posted date is an estimate only and subject to change. If screening there is not available (due to festival arrangement/limitation), TTFF will make other arrangements for it to be screened.
Payments can be made through FilmFreeway. Submission fees are non-refundable.